FALLBROOK – The Fallbrook Library will host several free events in January, including concerts, lectures, book club discussions and writing workshops.
- Sunday, Jan. 8, 2 p.m. – The Acoustic Showcase presents Robin Adler and Dave Blackburn performing jazz tunes of Joni Mitchell.
- Monday, Jan. 9, 1 p.m. – The Insight Book Club meets to read and discuss “The Rainbow Comes and Goes: A Mother and Son on Life, Love, and Loss” by Anderson Cooper and Gloria Vanderbilt.
- Thursday, Jan. 12, 6:30 p.m. – Friends of the Fallbrook Library Lecture Series. “Coast to Cactus: Best Hiking Trails in San Diego.” Canyoneer Daniel Keddy will discuss the diverse flora and fauna of San Diego and the best trails to explore its natural wonders.
- Sunday, Jan. 15, 2 p.m. – Patricia Bustamante will share her experience visiting Indonesia in words and pictures. The talk will include art, temples, food, people and curious facts.
- Thursday, Jan. 19, 1 p.m. – Local musician Bob Freaney and his friends play and discuss classical music.
- Thursday, Jan. 19, 7 p.m. – Friends Music Series. Added Attraction, a barbershop quartet, will perform. Sponsored by the Friends of the Fallbrook Library.
- Friday, Jan. 20, 6 p.m. – Art Reception for “Women Who Print” and “Totems” art exhibits. Meet the artists, enjoy music and refreshments.
- Sunday, Jan. 22, 3 p.m. – Music Society Series. Enjoy a quartet on the flute, violin, cello and piano playing music from across the globe, by composers including Haydn, Grieg, Gershwin and Piazzolla. Presented by the Fallbrook Music Society.
- Thursday, Jan. 26, 6 p.m. – Book to Movie. Read the book by Jojo Moyes, and then come and see the movie. Refreshments provided. See library staff for a copy of the book.
- Tuesday, Jan. 31, 3 p.m. – Writing Workshop. Explore “Writing Narrative Nonfiction and Memoir” with K-B Gressitt in four three-hour workshops to be held Jan. 31, Feb. 7, Feb. 21 and Feb. 28. Sign up is required at the front desk prior to the workshop.
The Fallbrook Library is located at 124 S. Mission Rd. For more information about these and additional scheduled activities, visit www.sdcl.org or call (760) 731-4653.