DAVIS – The University of California, Davis, will honor seven alumni and one friend — including Janice Eberly of the U.S. Treasury and celebrity chef Martin Yan — at its Alumni Awards Gala on Friday, Feb. 1, in San Jose.
The Cal Aggie Alumni Association invites the public to attend the gala at the San Jose City Hall Rotunda, 200 E. Santa Clara St. in San Jose. The gala begins with a wine reception at 5:30 p.m., followed by a dinner and awards ceremony at 6:30 p.m. Tickets to the black-tie optional event are $125 for CAAA members and $175 for nonmembers. To register, go to www.alumni.ucdavis.edu.
Award winners are:
• Stockton couple Bob Morrison ’68, J.D. ’71, a retired business attorney, and Jan Morrison ’69, a retired teacher from the San Joaquin County School District;
• Janice Eberly ’86 of Evanston, Ill., and Bethesda, Md., the U.S. Treasury’s assistant secretary for economic policy:
• John Bissell II ’08 of Sacramento, an award-winning entrepreneur;
• Martin Yan ’73, M.A. ’77 of San Mateo County, television host and cookbook author;
• Ann Pitzer ’58 of La Jolla, retired software developer and a trustee of the Pitzer Family Foundation;
• Jose Carmine Dianese M.S. ’68, Ph.D. ’71 of Brasilia, Brazil, a professor emeritus at the University of Brasilia; and
• Barbara Jackson of Davis, a major philanthropic donor and volunteer for the university.
For more information, contact Jennifer Thayer at (530) 754-9098 or [email protected]