FALLBROOK – Fallbrook High School had 18 students who attended the SkillsUSA California 50th Annual State Leadership and Skills Conference that was held April 20 through 23 in San Diego. Ten of the students won medals in the competition. The following were the results:
- Welding Fabrication Team: David Armet, Dustin Bryant and Michael Sandoval – Bronze medal winners
- Welding, Oxy-Acetylene: Evan Brown- Silver medal
- Introductory Automotive Service Technology Team: Sydney Borg, Claudio Colores, Xavier Genus and Elly Martinez – Silver medal winners.
- Precision Machining Technology: Luke Gillcrist – Bronze medal, Andrew Miller – Gold medal winner.
- Tom Carlisle, Alexis Escobedo, Jatavius Freeland, Maria Hernandez, Levi McAdams, Kyle Murray, Enrique Ortiz and Sarah Topasna are the other students that qualified and competed at this event.
In 2016-17, the Skills USA California state association has grown to over 21,846 members. This includes 285 active chapters (schools). The 2017 Skills USA State Leadership and Skills Conference has grown to include more that 2,237 competitors in 128 events, judged by over 200 members from business and industry throughout our state.
More than 335,000 students and advisors join SkillsUSA annually, organized into 18,000 chapters and 52 state and territorial associations. This includes 19,500 instructors who join as professional members. Including alumni, SkillsUSA membership totals over 394,000. SkillsUSA