How often does one get to hear three former teen idols in concert singing their hit songs? For me it has been twice. Thirty years ago I saw the Golden Boys – Frankie Avalon, Fabian and Bobby Rydell – in concert at the Circle Star Theatre in San Francisco. That night I was completely in awe of their vocal prowess.

On August 3 at Pala Casino Spa & Resort it was d

9 Responses to "“Golden Boys” concert electrifying – Frankie Avalon, Fabian, and Bobby Rydell sing with gusto!"

1. Jani   August 22, 2014 at 9:29 am

Thank you, Nathalie, for capturing the feeling of the Golden Boys concert. I didn’t see this one, but I did see them in Las Vegas, and loved the show. Bobby Rydell was my big crush when I was 13, and his voice is as wonderful now as it was then…maybe even better!

2. Shirley J   August 23, 2014 at 10:19 am

I was there that night. Great concert! I wish I could have described it so eloquently. Pala has many great concerts. Recently Michael MacDonald was there & next month I will venture back to my youth by listening to the Stylistics & the Dramatics!

3. HOPE DUENAS   August 24, 2014 at 2:54 am

I dance on the stage doing the twist
    I will like to see this video
    if somebody has
    thanks
    esperdemor@aol.com

4. Hope Duenas   August 24, 2014 at 3:03 am

I like very much de show and I was in stage with others girls doing the twistI will like to see this
    thanks

5. Esperanza   August 24, 2014 at 3:05 am

Are you add the part in the girls
    dance the twist ?

6. Jnae   August 25, 2014 at 9:24 am

I, too, was at the Pala concert. This was my 4th time to see them in CA in the last 10 yrs. I plan to go again when they come to the desert in Jan. ’15.
    Each of these concerts have been like this one was, they are very grateful, funny, and fun to watch and listen to.

They are an amazing trio of singers and am so glad they are still performing. Bobby was my 1st crush also and I watched all the movies any of them were in, still do if I find one on TV.

I encourage anyone who loves real entertainment to go to their concerts

7. Harve Mann   August 25, 2014 at 12:03 pm

Have seen this show more than once and these three legendary stars always deliver a great performance. Frank Jr. is a superb drummer. I hear he has a new album with the talented Edan Everly which I’d love to hear. I have albums and 45s (remember those) by all three of "The Golden Boys." Lately, I’ve been into Frankie Avalon’s "Italiano" album which I highly recommend. Great revue.

8. Carol Henderson   August 29, 2014 at 2:51 pm

We saw this concert at Pala casino last month. What a surprise, they were just as good (if not better) than fifty years ago. Frankie has still has his good looks and never ages. Was surprised to hear he has a fifty year old. It seems like yesterday all three were my teen-age idols. All three of them were terrific! I will see them again if they are down in O.C. I forgot to mentioned both of us gals are in our 70`s & we were rockin` in our seats! Loved it!!!!

9. Susan H.   August 30, 2014 at 9:23 pm

I saw just Frankie in concert in March in SC and it was wonderful. I would go wild if I could attend a show with all 3 of them! He also did many of the things you mentioned in this review, including introducing his drummer son. One of his guitarists was Don Everly’s son, and after he introduced him, they both did three Everly Brothers’ songs! It was fantastic. Frankie even posed for a picture with me after the show. He took the time to pose with me and chat with this big fan of his! Truly a genuinely nice, nice guy! And he looks the same! I have kept that picture as my profile picture on Facebook ever since. I don’t want to change it, unless I can ever pose with all three of them.