11-year-old runaway Daniela Rivas reported to be found safe

The UT San Diego newspaper is reporting that Daniela Rivas is home safe with her family and that she was at a friend’s house and was unharmed. Apparently she was found on Thursday morning.

Authorities ask public to watch for 11-year-old runaway

ESCONDIDO – Authorities asked the public to keep an eye out for an 11-year-old Escondido girl who ran away from home this morning.

Daniela Rivas’ family last saw her about 5 a.m. at their Adams Avenue home, and later found a four-page note in which she told her parents she had decided to run away and had been planning to do so for the past year, according to police.

The child, who does not have a cellphone, apparently packed a bag with extra clothing and makeup before leaving, Escondido police Capt. Michael Loarie said. Officers searched the area for her without success.

Daniela is a 5-foot-3-inch, roughly 120-pound Latino with brown eyes and long brown hair. Officials asked anyone who spots a child matching her description to call Escondido police at (760) 839-4722.

8 Responses to "11-year-old runaway Daniela Rivas reported to be found safe"

1. Fallbrook res.   March 13, 2013 at 8:24 pm

What did her bag or backpack look like? What color was her jacket/sweatshirt? I was in Escondido today then in Vista. There are so many bus stops, she could be anywhere. We will keep an eye out in Fallbrook. God bless. We pray she is safely returned to you.

2. J...........   March 13, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Wow. She was in all my elementary classes and goes to my school now I know why that police officer stop me I kind of look like her.

3. Curious   March 14, 2013 at 5:54 am

To J….. – and where are your parents as you are posting your full name on the internet? Safety people.

STAFF: We’ve removed her full name.

4. Lilly   March 14, 2013 at 7:39 am

should an 11 year old even have makeup? smh on her parents.

5. Fallbrook res.   March 14, 2013 at 12:00 pm

To # 4 I thought the same thing about, why you pack make up to run away. I fear a boy is involved.

6. Fallbrookian   March 14, 2013 at 12:09 pm

There is no way an 11 year old could leave on their own. She has someone helping her, whether that be from a friend or from someone on the internet…she had help. An 11 year old is not going to leave at 5am in the dark, alone. Just isn’t going to happen. I hope she didn’t wipe the hard drive on her computer.

7. Also mom of 11 yr old   March 14, 2013 at 1:56 pm

My heart goes out to this famiy and I hope they find her safe and unharmed. I hope shes just a stubborn 11 yr. old hiding in a neighbors back yard or a friends place. The internet is very scarey when it comes to our childern. My 11 yr. old is in love with One Direction…I caught her in a chat room online talking to a complete stranger who she thought/believed was one of the singers, because she’s 11. It was a ‘fan’ site and who knows who she was talking to, thank goodness she gave no personal information like where she lives, goes to school, last name etc…this still happened even though my husband and I check the computer regularly and monitor what are kids are allowed to be on. We even have our teenagers password for facebook in case we believe she is doing things she shouldn’t. You can be a very active parent in your childs life and these things can still happen, I dont think we should to criticize the parents until the whole facts are out. Her ‘make-up’ could have been play make-up, my 11 yr. old has play make-up she is only allowed to wear in our house not in public, so hold on judgement and keep your eyes open for this little girl so she can be brought home. Kids have been abducted out of their own homes before, it’s nothing new, take Elizabeth Smart and Danielle Van Dam for example. Instead of judging use your energy to pray for this little girl and her family.

8. Cimarron   March 14, 2013 at 9:45 pm

I pray she is found safe & unharmed. I also hope authorities investigate & find out why she has been planning to run away for the past year. What has been going on in her home? What is she trying to escape?