24-year-old Fallbrook man reported missing by family

The family of 24-year-old Alvin Justine Bulaoro of Fallbrook has reported him as missing. Bulaoro was last seen leaving the family residence in the 700 block of Driftwood Lane during the evening hours of Friday, December 21.

A friend of the family said Bulaoro told his parents he was going to San Diego to see some friends, “but he hasn’t been seen or heard from since, which is very uncharacteristic.”

After no contact with the young man for 48 hours, the family filed a missing person’s report with the Fallbrook Sheriff’s substation on Sunday, December 23.

The case has been assigned to Detective Bill Yavno.

“We are actively working this missing person’s case,” said Yavno. “As an adult, he can leave if he likes, but in this case the family is extremely concerned.”

Yavno said all law enforcement agencies in surrounding counties have been notified of the case and the information will also go into the statewide and national database for missing persons.

At this time, Yavno said there is no reason to expect foul play.

“We have no indications of foul play at this time,” said Yavno. “For now, he appears to be a voluntarily missing adult. During this stressful time of year, he left and hasn’t contacted family members. We are actively working this to the best of our abilities.”

Bulaoro is described by the Sheriff’s Dept. as a Filipino male, 5-feet, 5-inches tall with a small build, with black closely-cropped hair, brown eyes, medium complexion, clean shaven,

“He was last seen wearing blue jeans and a blue shirt,” said Yavno. “He was driving a 1997 Toyota 4-Runner, brown in color, license plate #6CXM888.”

Anyone with knowledge of Bulaoro’s whereabouts is asked to contact law enforcement authorities.

“If someone knows where he is, they should call the nearest local jurisdiction and have officers respond,” said Yavno.

The public can also contact the Fallbrook Sheriff’s substation and ask for Detective Yavno at (760) 451-3100.

58 Responses to "24-year-old Fallbrook man reported missing by family"

1. Molly   December 28, 2012 at 3:12 pm

The family is pleading for prayers and safe return of their son.

2. Ray (the real one)   December 28, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Does he have some disability which caused him to go missing?

3. Molly   December 28, 2012 at 5:59 pm

No, he is only around 5’2 and looks like he is 16. He is lighter complexion than the picture shows.

4. marinewife   December 28, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Molly….not knowing is the hardest. I hope he comes home soon to his family safe and sound.

5. marinewife   December 28, 2012 at 9:02 pm

My father has gone missing a few times. Each time he eventually called, but it was very difficult him just up and leaving and not letting anyone know.

6. There needs to be some change   December 28, 2012 at 9:35 pm

there needs to be something for people who are missing and over 18. they just passed a law for people over the age of 65 that is effective January 1 that is similar to "Amber Alerts" – I think its going to be called the "Silver Alert"…but there needs to be something done for people over the age of 18 – other than just putting them in a database…

7. .   December 28, 2012 at 11:23 pm

I know this guy he helps his family run a private in home care for the elderly. I hope he is found safe.

8. Vet and Citizen   December 29, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Keep him in your prayers and if he is just gone due to a family disagreement, being 24 and tired of being controlled by his family or enviroment, or he went south, accross the border to “the killing fields”, keep him and his family in your prayers that he is home safe and soon.

9. Friend   December 30, 2012 at 2:12 am

Alvin, please just let someone know you are OK. I hope to see you again safe and sound!

10. The cantu s   December 30, 2012 at 10:47 am

Our prayers go to the family

11. Molly   December 30, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Alvin, is in the army reserves and is to get his officer commendation on the 12th of January. Please we need everybody to share and keep this going until this young man is found.

12. Ailyn   December 30, 2012 at 8:39 pm

I am the sister of alvin please include him in your prayers. We are hoping to see him soon sound and safe .

13. Bulaoro family   December 30, 2012 at 10:09 pm

thanks to all to your concerns and prayers,we love you so much Alvin,we always pray for your safety.

14. little sister   December 30, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Please tell people about this. My family is really worried. Please help
    us find my brother. We love you and we will always pray for you
    brother,so help us find him please.

15. Friend   December 31, 2012 at 10:19 am

Has anyone found his car? Family please add him to the enclosed website in case he left California. https://www.findthemissing.org/en

16. Erin Valdez   December 31, 2012 at 3:31 pm

I hope you find him soon.
    Prayers being sent for his safe return. I hope this story has a happy ending.

17. S.A.A. '05   January 1, 2013 at 5:55 am

may our good God guide you and protect you wherever you are alvin.

>hso

18. Fellow Co-worker   January 1, 2013 at 8:13 am

My prayers for his family. I worked with Alvin when he was stationed at Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton. He was such a sweet and friendly young man. Praying he is found soon and for his safe return.

19. jayr   January 1, 2013 at 12:19 pm

cookie or alvin we grow in same environment. im so deepest sad when i know that you are missing. Only thing that i can help is to pray an pray and pray. God hear our prayer this guy is deserve to stay on his family and career please take care of him send him back home.

20. Aunt Anne   January 1, 2013 at 4:50 pm

I Have hope and determine you come home soon! I have not meet and know you in person, but I care for you because you are part of my blood.

21. mom and dad.   January 1, 2013 at 7:34 pm

son i love you very much we are worried to much.where ever you are i’m praying that you are ok.come back soon pls. my beloved son.

22. gie bulaoro aurelio   January 1, 2013 at 9:13 pm

o LORD OUR GOD,you have done many miracles for us,pls bring home our cousin alvin justine bulaoro safety,we are waiting for your early response lord,pls hear our prayer

23. TRUTH   January 2, 2013 at 2:14 pm

Has anyone looked at Pauma Casino? He looks familiar to me and I was at Pauma this morning.

24. Friend   January 2, 2013 at 7:10 pm

Dear Bulaoro Family, please don’t give up hope. I will keep you all in my prayers.

25. 1LT McCormick & Family   January 2, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Hello, I work with Lt. Bulaoro.. and I am so sorry to hear this news. Our heart and prayers are with your family. We pray that Lt. Bulaoro returns home safe and sound and that God will bring you peace and comfort in this difficult time.

God Bless, 1Lt McCormick Army Reserves.

26. charigenn   January 2, 2013 at 10:05 pm

tito cokie pls comeback soon,your family in padang prays together for your safety return,to the US government pls help our family to find alvin justine,thank you and godblz us all

27. Alvin Bulaoro   January 2, 2013 at 11:44 pm

so sad..dont lost hope.keep in praying…..

28. a bulaoro   January 2, 2013 at 11:55 pm

Into your hands Oh Lord….i intrust you….please help alvin to comebacksoon Lord safe….i know that their family Are worrying until now…)

to the family bulaoro….keep on praying….GoD is Good all the Time…

29. hopeful   January 3, 2013 at 12:04 am

Have the police checked his bank/ATM/Credit cards for any activity?

30. Rosaly Magdayao Rangas   January 3, 2013 at 12:17 am

S.A.A ’92

We pray for the safe of Alvin…To the Bulaoro family be strong and keep on praying ,God is be with us all times…

31. shine-shine   January 3, 2013 at 4:06 am

(Praying for you and your safe return Manong Cookie)

May the Angels walk with you, manong cookie,
    and protect you from all harm.
    May the Angels spread their light around
    and hold you in their arms.

May the Angels sent by God above give you courage,
    strength and love.
    May the Angels bring you back to those who miss you
    and send their love.

May the Angels light your path
    and place a shield of protection around you.
    May the Angels let you know
    that there are many out searching for you.

May the Angels keep you warm and dry
    and soothe your frightened heart.
    May the Angels guide the ones who seek-
    upon the journey they embark.

May the Angels hear each one of our prayers-
    and ask God to send you back home.
    May the Angels whisper in your ear-

32. Concerned Friend   January 3, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Dear Bulaoro family. I keep Alvin in my thoughts and prayers. Please call the police everyday so they give the case attention. Ask them what we can do as citizens to help. Has he left the state or country? Please keep us updated on this page with any developments. Thank you and God Bless your family and Alvin.

33. Jerrie   January 3, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Sharing on missing website and on Missing Persons of America Facebook page. http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2012/12/alvin-bulaoro-man-missing-from.html

34. angie bulaoro   January 3, 2013 at 5:38 pm

we miss you justine, were ever you are hope you’re ok and safe, pls come back home your family so worried about you…. we pray your safety…..

35. Fellow Sailor/LT   January 3, 2013 at 8:26 pm

Sad to read about this.I met LT only a couple of times at the unit.Nice guy.Hope he is safe and returns home soon. May the family find comfort and hope in knowing that God is indeed watching over him.Prayers.

36. Fellow Military   January 3, 2013 at 9:54 pm

To the family, my prayers are with you and your son/brother. Please know that many people care about your situation and are hoping that he comes home to you. May God bless the Bulaoro family.

37. Mary S.   January 3, 2013 at 9:56 pm

My family and I pray constantly for Alvin and the family. We know this must be a very difficult time and we pray for God to watch over Alvin.

38. Body found!!!   January 3, 2013 at 11:03 pm

Think they found him at albertsons parking lot. Says the guy from blockbuster!

39. Molly   January 4, 2013 at 12:42 am

Yes, it looks like it. :(( sad sad day!! God give the family comfort. Buy strike the evil 1 that did this to your child down.

40. Aunt Nenet   January 4, 2013 at 1:32 am

may the spirit of our Almighty father be with you Alvin to help in your way be safe you all the time. we love & we miss you "Cookie" Alvin Justine Bulaoro.

41. aabagat   January 4, 2013 at 1:43 am

We ask to our Almighty Father His Divine Guidance for your safety manong cookie..hope that wherever you are God will whisper to you that your family is longing for your presence..be home soon manong your family is already worried and so are we..
    Lord Jesus Christ please enlightened manong cookie’s mind and his pathway so that sooner or later he will go home already..

42. no name   January 4, 2013 at 7:03 am

i concern for him very much…. one of my friend confirm that his dead, i dnt want to believe please any one can confirm this very bad news…

43. joenilyn   January 4, 2013 at 7:30 am

justice for alvin justin, thats all we want……….

44. Jewell   January 4, 2013 at 8:38 am

So shocked to hear about Bulaoro on the news this morning!! To his family, I’m so sorry for your loss. I pray that God wrap his arms around you and hold you as you grieve and miss your son, your brother. May he fill the emptiness in your hearts and in your home with wonderful memories of his life.

45. Bystander   January 4, 2013 at 9:06 am

Yes they found his body in the back of his vehicle of the Albertson’s Parking lot, I was there watching! So sad…

46. IBAM   January 4, 2013 at 9:14 am

PRAYING IS NOT HIM WHOM THEY FOUND AT ALBERTSON’S PARKING LOT. IF OTHERWISE, R.I.P.

47. Marg   January 4, 2013 at 9:31 am

RIP shipmate. :(

48. Friend   January 4, 2013 at 11:13 am

My heartfelt prayers to the Bulaoro family.

49. ken   January 4, 2013 at 6:11 pm

Rest in Peace brother. May the lord guide you to this holy kingdom. We will miss you so much.

50. Garcia Family   January 4, 2013 at 7:12 pm

A Wonderful man left to seek d heaven
    and watch over us…! You will be miss, ur kindness to
    us and sense of humor will be in our hearts!
    Our Dear friend..Rest in peace Alvin..

51. Ed   January 4, 2013 at 9:02 pm

May God give you the strength to get through this terrible tragedy. Rest in Peace Navy Brother.

52. Ing Layfield   January 5, 2013 at 12:40 am

I just found out about him being missing since 12/21 (and the body may have been found in the back of his suv at the same time) while I was at work this morning, thru Nang Babeth’s forwarded news to me. We prayed that the body found was not his (somehow) so that all may be well with the family. But I just found out about the sad news – late tonite. O, it is sooo heartfelt sad! And even more sad for me ‘coz I never had a chance to meet him in person (my relative). Like I woke up from a bad dream…it is awful!!!

But, we never lose hope and rust in God inspite of this tragedy. Our trust remains in the Lord who gives life everlasting and loving comfort to those whom he left behind.

Our prayers, deep and heartfelt sympathy to Alvin, Uncle Ceasar, Odon and the family circle.

May you rest in peace young man. You will be in my prayers.

53. MissA   January 5, 2013 at 12:44 am

God I hope this isn’t a hate crime.. I once met another Filipino person from Fallbrook who said it was a terrible idea to move there. :( rip Alvin.

54. janjan   January 6, 2013 at 6:26 pm

justice for alvin, prayers to the family. from baculna family

55. janjan   January 6, 2013 at 6:29 pm

i called my mother yesterday and she told me about this crime and i found out that we’re related to the family. hoping for justice will came out soon. strength to the family.

56. Fallbrook Citizen   January 8, 2013 at 4:08 pm

Are there any updates to this story? Is a murderer in custody?

57. gie gina   January 11, 2013 at 12:00 am

thanks to all for your sympathy and prayers,the family of alvin justine are still shouting for justice….any one who can stand as witness for this mysterious killing pls help the family!!!!!

58. Another crime   January 14, 2013 at 10:24 am

Did you hear about the woman who was missing and her family found her dead in the back of her SUV in Hawaiian Gardens yesterday? She was in healthcare too.