Accident on Reche Rd. snarls traffic

An accident on Reche Rd. just east of Gird about 7:45 am Thursday morning had traffic backed up in both directions on Reche as a green truck was turned over and blocking traffic in the curve just east of Via Vista Rd.

8 Responses to "Accident on Reche Rd. snarls traffic"

1. TONI   November 8, 2012 at 9:32 am

WHAT IS CORRECT PRONUNCIATION OF
    “RECHE” RD. ?

IS IT REE CHA ? OR REACH E ?

Staff: It is pronounced “wretch ee”

2. Funny   November 8, 2012 at 10:07 am

I always get a laugh when my GPS attempts to say it.

3. Joemamma   November 8, 2012 at 10:18 am

Nice! I was right with my pronunciation. And a photo to boot, nice work FVN. Looks like Reche is doomed this week traffic wise.

4. Reche resident   November 8, 2012 at 11:55 am

We recently moved into our home on Reche…I am scared everytime I pull in and out onto the off road to get to my house. People drive way to fast and I just know these accidents will continue. We live right off the curve near Live Oak Park Road, and hope people can slow down…

5. All my life   November 8, 2012 at 12:06 pm

For nearly 60 years, I have pronounced it both ree-chee and wretch-ee depending on to whom I was talking. I found most outsiders saw it as ree-chee when they read the street name. When they looked for "Wretch-ee" on maps (in the old days when people used paper maps) they couldn’t find it. When told to look for "Re-chee" they found it right away.
    So, Toe-may-to, Toe-ma-toe.

6. Frosty   November 8, 2012 at 12:51 pm

"Wretch-eee". Lived on it for 30 years.

7. Frenchy   November 9, 2012 at 9:46 am

I like to pronounce it re-SHAY. It sounds so much more sophisticated, like the French Riviera. Or maybe like Peter Sellers as Detective Clouseau in Return of the Pink Panther: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v30HUOx6SYk

8. Mary B   June 30, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Anthony Clarence Reche was my Grandfather, we pronounce Reche
    Ree-sshh. When I moved here in Sept 2012, I noticed everyone mis-pronounced it.
    It is French. I googled the French audio pronunciation, it’s pronounced
    the same way my family pronounces it.