Cpl. Chad Wade killed in Afghanistan

CAMP PENDLETON – A 22-year-old Camp Pendleton Marine was killed in combat this week in Afghanistan, the Pentagon announced.

Cpl. Chad S. Wade of Bentonville, Ark., died December 1 while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, according to the Department of Defense.

Wade was with the 2nd Battalion, 1st Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force based at Camp Pendleton.

So far there have been about 1,300 U.S. deaths in Afghanistan related to Operation Enduring Freedom, according to the Pentagon.

34 Responses to "Cpl. Chad Wade killed in Afghanistan"

1. Brad   December 3, 2010 at 11:23 am

Rest in peace brother. I’m heading out there soon. Look out for me and mine.

2. Vet and "Legal" Citizen   December 3, 2010 at 12:07 pm

God Bless Cpl. Wade and all those that knew and or love him.

He is just one of the millions who have paid the ultimate price for the freedoms that we once had so abundantly, but are now being given to those from other countries, that are invading America.

Sempre Fi my brother and may God Bless you and your loved ones, with the greatest gifts possible.

3. Warrior Rest In Peace   December 3, 2010 at 12:28 pm

Freedom has a price the protected never know…Rest in peace.

4. jan   December 3, 2010 at 1:48 pm

5. USMC Ret   December 3, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Semper Fi my brother, as long as one of us lives you will not be forgotten.

6. supernatural   December 3, 2010 at 3:32 pm

My son is 22 yrs. old and it is a complete tragedy that this young man had to die like this before he was even gettin’ started.

That war needs to end now.

7. Lisa Saye   December 3, 2010 at 3:51 pm

Thank you Chad for your service!! You are our hero!! You will always be in our hearts and memories!

8. Alisha   December 3, 2010 at 4:08 pm

This was such devestaing news. Chad’s mom and stepdad are my neighbors and I have met Chad a time or two. May God bless his wife and family at this difficult time.

9. Marine Wife   December 3, 2010 at 5:11 pm

May God bless Chad, his family and his brothers in arms…Semper Fi

10. observer   December 3, 2010 at 6:05 pm

My heart goes out to the Cpl.’s family, friends. May he rest in peace.

11. Chosin Marine   December 3, 2010 at 6:28 pm

Semper Fi Chad Go With God

12. Candy   December 3, 2010 at 8:27 pm

You gave the ultimate price. We need to end this stupid war and bring everyone home. We support you but not this war. Rest in peace.

13. jesse   December 3, 2010 at 8:37 pm

Rip Chad. I hope the support at least helps a little bit. I feel for the friends and family.

14. jesse   December 3, 2010 at 8:47 pm

The weight of our nation is truly held on the shoulders of brave young men.

15. Kaylie   December 3, 2010 at 9:53 pm

Chad and his wife shared a wonderful love for each other. My heart goes out to her in this time. Rest easy, Marine.

16. Kenny & Darci (& family)   December 3, 2010 at 10:13 pm

Chadman, You will never be forgotten. We love you more than any words can express. Our hearts are hurting. We are so proud of the handsome, sweet, and brave young man you became……YOU, Chad S. Wade! You will always be in our heart and our memory. Rest In Peace Our Sweet Marine. We love you so much! The Harris Family!

17. friend   December 3, 2010 at 10:43 pm

RIP Chad, you will be greatly missed. I am a co-worker of your mom and step-dad’s, they will miss you so very much but i know you will be looking over them.
    As a wife of a Soldier and a mom of young men your age (with one fixing to enlist) I can not imagine what they are going through but we will be here for them to help them with anything they may need. We are all saying a lot of prayers for your mom, step-dad and wife.
    You and your commrades will always be the TRUE heros of our country. All soldiers and their families are in my prayers each and every day.
    GOD BLESS YOU, YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

18. childhood friend   December 4, 2010 at 11:44 am

we will always love u bro. and everyone will miss u way too much

19. friend   December 4, 2010 at 5:26 pm

My husband is serving with Chad’s unit in Afghanistan. The hearts of the entire 2/1 family are going out to his wife and family. You are all in my prayers. My God bless all of our heroes. Thank you Chad, for paying the ultimate sacrifice to protect the freedom this great country enjoys. RIP.

20. Dewayne'XRAY'Uselton. Patriot Gaurd Riders   December 5, 2010 at 10:14 am

Rest in peace my brother, No greater hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his brother. John15;13. Thank you for the fight and the sacrafice you paid for our nation.

21. Art Pratti   December 6, 2010 at 8:52 am

to the family of Cpl Wade, please know that your son is my hero…my brother was also killed in action on October 14th in the Helmand province, LCpl Joseph Lopez. I would like to tell all of the supporters who right comments that the war is stupid or sensless need to understand that people like my brother and Cpl Wade thought otherwise…they believed in the fight and they will be remembered as heroes forever. Cpl Wade will be missed greatly, but never forgotten…i only hope that one day, when my time is up…that i will see these Marines guarding the streets of Heaven, rest in peace Marine, your watch is up.

22. Cpl. Zack Z's Dad   December 6, 2010 at 3:06 pm

My son is currently serving in Helmand with the 2/1 and was a friend of Chad’s. My heart and prayers go out to this fine young man,his wife and his family. He spoke to me today about Chad and what a great friend and Marine he was and how much he will be missed.

Our worst fear is met by their great courage,honor and commitment. God Bless Chad and his family.

23. Templeton Family   December 6, 2010 at 7:07 pm

I am the wife of a soldier currently in Afghanistan and I send my love to Chad’s wife. I too live in Rogers,AR and my brothers were good friends with Chad and his wife. He will be greatly missed and always remembered. He has touched the hearts of so many people. Please remember to keep his dear wife in your prayers. They are so young and she needs all the support she can get. Thank you sweet girl for allowing your husband to fight for our country and give the ultimate sacrifice in effort to keep our country safe. With all my love from one military wife to another I say thank you!

24. Sgt. P   December 6, 2010 at 11:04 pm

Chad was a great kid who turned into a great man. The world lost a great man. God received a great man. Chad will be missed dearly. The good truly die young.

25. sgt downing   December 7, 2010 at 12:48 am

I went to high school with him. Hes an awesome guy

26. Aunt Nell and Uncle Wayne Wade   December 9, 2010 at 6:42 pm

We got to see you so little after you moved away but we still loved you. We want to thank you for making the ultimate saccrifice for the rest of us. Our Savior made THE ULTIMATE saccrifice of saccrifices for you and for us. I pray you are resting in HIM ’till the trumpet sounds and the dead in Christ rise.
    Thank you dear, Chad.

27. 2/1 Marine   December 10, 2010 at 4:26 pm

Our thoughts and prayers to the Wade family from all of us here in the Echo Company family. As an infantry company, you don’t have enough radio operators for every squad. One of the most trustworthy and brightest Marines is picked to carry the radio for his squad, and to relay important information at critical times. Chad fulfilled that duty admirably for his squad. His fighting spirit will encourage and motivate all of us to maintain our high standards, and to seek out those that would bring harm to our country. He will be sorely missed , but he will never be forgotten. May God bless all of you, and may God bless America!

Semper Fidelis

28. 2/1 Parent   December 12, 2010 at 5:53 am

My heart felt condolences to the family and friends of Cpl Wade. My son is also with the 2/1 in Helmand Province. God Bless them all.

29. E-4-J   December 15, 2010 at 3:24 am

Rest In Peace brother. I will always hold you in the highest regaurd. You are my little brother. And you will never be forgotten. Never. I only wish that I could have been there with you, maybe I could have changed it… things might have been different… I still remember teaching you how to tie your boots the right way… You will always be missed. I love you brother.

Cpl J.

30. Lcpl Oliver   December 17, 2010 at 2:16 am

Chadilac, watch over us, we miss you more and more everyday. The day you left I got a letter from your mom and it was all I could do to open it. I’m glad to have known you as a friend, but I am even more thankful to have had you as a brother. I love you man.

31. Aunt/Cpl Chad Wade   January 7, 2011 at 9:03 am

Chadman, words can not expres what you have meant to me your entire life, you have always been my boy. You are an amazing man i am so very proud of you and I will live forever missing you but you will never ever be forgotten…I love you so much Aunt Paige

32. ASH   January 13, 2011 at 2:58 pm

This young Marine was part of the 2/1 as is my son serving in Afghanistan. Words really do not express my sorrow at the loss of this brave hero. It is heartbreaking to all of us to lose anyone that we feel is our family. My heart goes out to his family, friends, and loved ones; Chad is in God’s hands now.

33. 2/1 marine   February 23, 2011 at 11:39 pm

hey chad its cpl serna, i was there working on chad wen he was hit. a couple of marines and i were there doing everything we could for him, you are in all of our hearts and my best wishes go out to your family. chad was a good man and a great marine he made the ultimate sacrifice we love u chad semper fi YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN!!!!!

34. Momma Bear   March 25, 2011 at 10:40 am

Thank you to all who have left your precious words for us. My baby boy said he would lay his life down for all his guys and he has done that and now he will be your warrior angel until you return home safe and sound. Tebo and I will continue to support our bonus boys over there and will continue to pray for them and their families as they continue to worry each day for their safety. We are certainly some of the proudest parents there could ever be even thought our hearts break. Thank you all and lets never stop supporting all our troops. They are doing a wonderful job and sacrifice so much. To all my bouns kids out there, I love you and I always will and thank you for loving my son and taking such good care of him. Semper Fi!