Crash at Old Highway 395 and SR76 sends three to hospital

FALLBROOK – A crash today near the intersection of Old Highway 395 and State Route 76 today sent at least three people to a hospital.

A Toyota Corolla crashed on SR76 near Old Highway 395, west of Interstate 15, shortly before 5 a.m. today, Monday, May 26, according to the California Highway Patrol and fire officials.

One caller told the CHP that a second vehicle may have caused the crash.

Two ambulances and a helicopter took those injured in the crash to Palomar Medical Center, according to emergency responders. At least one of the car’s occupants sustained major injuries, authorities said.

6 Responses to "Crash at Old Highway 395 and SR76 sends three to hospital"

1. just Missed it   May 26, 2014 at 7:41 pm

I drove past this just minutes after it happened. The car was in bad , bad shape. IT WAS A NASTY ONE!

2. Craziness   May 27, 2014 at 8:36 am

I don’t know if it was the same thing but traffic was backed up for miles on each side of the hwy when we drove up early evening around 5 p.m. and there were 2 choppers in the air and one landed on the hwy. We took a dirt frontage road to bypass and couldn’t tell how many cars. Seems late in the day for something that happed at 5 a.m. Maybe another crash?

3. Lee   May 27, 2014 at 10:22 am

I hope everyone is all right!

4. Yoshi   May 27, 2014 at 2:09 pm

I hope everyone is O.K. I will pray for the victims and whomever is injured.

5. just Missed it   May 28, 2014 at 7:19 pm

This one was 5 am just west of the fruit stand, no traffic stopped for this one. Gave me goose bumps seeing the car. CHP stated one may not make it. I work at the Circle K right there and talk to the CHP all the time when they come in..

6. SoCal gal   May 29, 2014 at 8:04 pm

Prayers for the family! The driver from what I was told was the only one wearing a seatbelt & is stable. The passengers unfortunely were not wearing their seatbelts. Both young women were ejected from the vehicle. One of these young ladies is not expected to survive. So sad! Again, my prayers for the young woman’s family.