In the process of conducting a search relating to a case of domestic violence and theft, law enforcement authorities discovered a methamphetamine lab in a mobile home park and subsequently arrested a Fallbrook man on multiple charges.

Detective Jeff Lauhon, supported by the Sheriff’s Fallbrook Crime Suppression Team, served a search and arrest warrant at 1638 Calavo Road (near the corner of Stage Coach Lane and Brooke road) on December 4, at approximately 7 a.m. when a methamphetamine lab was discovered on the property.

“A small, clandestine methamphetamine lab was discovered at the site, along with narcotics for sale,” said Sgt. Joe Montion. “The meth lab was being operated out of a shed.”

Lauhon and the support team found the individual they had the warrant for, David Wayne Carter, 40, of Fallbrook at the residence.

In addition to the arrest warrant for domestic violence and theft, Carter was also charged with manufacturing and possession of controlled substances for sale and maintaining a place for trafficking in controlled substances.

If the lab had been located within 1,000 feet of the nearby Fallbrook High School, additional charges would have been brought against Carter.

The Narcotics Task Force, County Hazardous Material (Haz Mat), and two DEA chemists responded to the scene to conduct a follow-up investigation, Montion said.

An Oceanside woman, Stephanie Tipping, 38, was also found at the residence and arrested.

“Tipping was charged with being under the influence of a controlled substance and a misdemeanor arrest warrant,” said Montion. “She was determined to be visiting Carter and not involved with the lab or the sales of drugs.”

The domestic violence incident Carter is charged with relates to a Fallbrook woman.

Both Carter and Tipping were booked into the Vista Jail. Carter is being held on $320,000 bail. Tipping has already been released.

39 Responses to "Fallbrook man arrested for meth lab, sales in addition to domestic violence and theft"

1. 3 year home owner in Fallbrook.   December 10, 2012 at 6:34 pm

One more for the "Good guys"!!!! Keep up the great work!

2. Paul   December 10, 2012 at 6:57 pm

The Church has a school. It should be the same thing.

3. Pessimistic   December 11, 2012 at 8:21 am

If you are right Paul then maybe you should notify the District Attorney, if they have not figured that one out yet.

4. Thankful Resident   December 11, 2012 at 10:27 am

I live only a block from that trailer park and we have noticed a lot of ‘new’ people coming and going in that area in the last couple months. We thought something was going on but not quite sure where they were going in the trailer park. I stopped letting my kids (who are teens) walk our dog past the park because some of the people were pretty scarey. Thank you to all involved that put an end to this criminal acivity. I know I will feel a little safer in my own home.

5. 3 year home owner in Fallbrook.   December 11, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Dear Sheriff, I welcome you to walk through my home anytime. I would think anyone who has nothing to hide would. Why don’t you do something like that? I would think everyone but, the bad guys would let you in. If you go door to door with no warning, it would just be your request to enter. People could say no. Most wouldn’t say no. (Keep cleaning up our town!) Merry Christmas Fallbrook

6. Paul   December 11, 2012 at 3:53 pm

If they had figured that out they would have more charges

7. neighbor   December 11, 2012 at 8:04 pm

My parents live near there and their cars and houses have been robbed lately. I bet the recent local thieves were in connection with the other shady people moving in the area.

8. Mom of lots   December 11, 2012 at 10:49 pm

3 year homeowner- um, no thanks, I do not want police showing up unannounced at my door for a "volunteer walk through" and I have nothing to hide, but prefer my privacy and my right to it….one of the few rights left in this country- no entrance by law enforcement without a warrant.

9. Preston   December 12, 2012 at 8:39 am

The only way this type of crime will diminish is by voting to be tough on crime. Right now the system will give them a slap on the wrist and they will be back at it again, real soon.

10. SAR   December 12, 2012 at 9:30 am

I agree with Mom of lots…I have nothing to hide but I do enjoy my right to privacy. Thankfully, they can’t just walk in and do a search.

11. Reader   December 12, 2012 at 12:20 pm

No racial comments for Mr. Carter on the FBVN comments section? That’s strange.

12. thinking about it...   December 12, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Oh I don’t know, I might welcome young, strong & handsome sheriffs at my door, unannounced. 😉

13. @thing about it   December 12, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Bow chick bow wow :)

Th

14. Oops!   December 12, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Didn’t get to finish thoughts above.

Was going to say that the sheriffs office has read plenty of things about themselves in the Village News, but I think this was a first.

15. Huh   December 12, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Why would there be racial comments? Sounds like trailer trash to me. Is that protected now?

16. Pessimistic   December 12, 2012 at 5:51 pm

Then maybe you should notify the District Attorney, Paul. If you took my comment as a jab it wasn’t. It was a recommendation to a person who seems to have the 411 that they may not.

And, 3 year home owner in Fallbrook, I too would pass on the random consensual search of my home. Not only because we still have that so-called privacy right protected by our Bill of Rights (4th Amendment); as well as it would be a phenomenal waste of time and resources searching thousands / millions of homes for nothing. It appears they entered this fine abode with a warrant, so that is the preferred method for all of our sakes; unfortunately to get a search warrant is generally quite arduous the way our court system works. Read up on it… the Internet is amazing.

This is what the Sheriff’s web site shows he is in custody for:

451(B) PC ARSON:INHABITED STRUCTURE F
    11379.6(A) HS MFG/ETC CNTL SUB
    11378 HS POSS CNTL SUB FOR SALE
    273.5(A) PC INF CORP INJ:SPOUSE/COHAB
    30305(A)(1) PC PROHIBTD OWN/ETC AMMO/ETC 594(A)(B)(2)(A) PC VANDLISM
    484 PC THEFT

BAIL $320,000 (WOW!)

Interesting assortment of charges, to say the least.

BTW – good job SDSO.

17. Paul   December 12, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Hi Pessimistic , I only was saying you would think they would know that the CHURCH has a school and they could use that the same laws as the high school. Thanks

18. 3 year home owner in Fallbrook.   December 12, 2012 at 11:33 pm

To #16: My post was just my “feelings”( from my heart) to open our homes as an effort to help the Sheriff Dept. in any way possible. *Paul, I feel your post made a real point about the church school.

19. Preston   December 13, 2012 at 7:54 am

If you really want to help the Sheriff’s department vote to end the revolving door at the Justice system so they only have to arrest criminals once. Then vote to take away all prisoner rights — Perhaps if we made going to Prison a punishment instead of a all inclusive paid vacation we would have fewer criminals in the first place.

20. fallbrook resident   December 14, 2012 at 4:52 pm

It is a preschool not a school.

21. Anonymous   December 15, 2012 at 11:37 am

First of all-Mr. Carter is innocent until proven guilty.There’s a lot more to this story the sheriff’s dept. isn’t telling. Carter broke up with his girlfriend days prior to his arrest, after learning she was cheating on him- with the son of a high ranking Fallbrook sheriff. She texted hundreds of messages to his cell phone such as, "You’re going to be sorry you broke up with me,I’m the one who says when it’s over,"and "I had my friend sock me up, now I have the evidence, who do you think they’re going to believe?Hahaha." and "The cop who took my report is one that likes me-hahaha," and "You’re going to jail when cops find everything I planted." It will be interesting to see if texts from the "victim" to Carter. ever get entered into evidence.

22. Anonymous   December 15, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Carter’s ex-girlfriend was recently fired from her job as an apartment manager for theft. Just days before the alleged dv incident, neighbors spotted the woman shimmying from Carter’s bedroom window when he was at work. If Carter was manufacturing meth there, the neighbors would have smelled it from miles away. For such an aggregious felony charge of domestic violence, the cops sure took their sweet time in responding.

23. Fallbrook   December 16, 2012 at 8:49 am

What’s going on with the city of fallbrook ?

24. HUH?   December 16, 2012 at 11:18 am

I was right. Trailer trash losers.

25. Route 66   December 16, 2012 at 12:27 pm

It’ll be three years before it goes to trial. Costing taxpayers $300,000 in public defenders’ fees and jailIng costs.

26. paul   December 16, 2012 at 5:05 pm

#20 still a school

27. Paul   December 16, 2012 at 5:07 pm

#21 get a life.

28. Taxpayer   December 17, 2012 at 11:52 am

Dear 3 year home owner; please see injustice everywhere it’s a web sight you can Google on police misconduct. You might want to be a little more careful who you invite into your home.
    Some country’s have legalized drugs, I not saying it’s right just that it saves them hundreds of billions of tax dollars and lowers crime. While it defunds the drug racket,and provides clean safe inexspencive drugs. Some drug addicts will stilloverdose and die,it,s a free country let them.

29. neighbor   December 17, 2012 at 4:08 pm

@ anonymous

I believe that there is a lot of sad incidents where innocent people get into trouble, myself was one of them at one point. But the lesson learned: stay away from people who do drugs and stay away from people who have the power to destroy you. Use the system to your benefit to keep yourself free from those types of people.

30. neighbor   December 17, 2012 at 4:14 pm

@ Taxpayer

How about we only legalize the drugs that ARE NOT paired with violent crime, murder, rape, and child endangerment? Any drug that produces innocent victims should never be legalized. As for the hippy drugs, if used responsibly, wouldn’t have as much as an impact on society.

Most drug addicts cannot even afford their rents, let alone a car or health insurance and most of them cost the system innumerable amounts of money treating their addictions or problems caused by their addictions.

My cousin was doing meth for a long time and got into a car accident probably cost the state more than a million dollars just to save her life, let alone how much it cost the state for her hospital stay. If she had never been on drugs, the state wouldn’t be out that couple million bucks and she probably wouldn’t have her kids as wards of the court in foster care (expensive state cost) and she would be raising them with family and have a job that payed into taxes. So you see, legalizing drugs and making them available to people who don’t give a crud whether or not its illegal may just cost us so much more money if it is legalized. Pot, on the other hand, I could care less just keep it away from my young children.

31. 3 year home owner in Fallbrook.   December 17, 2012 at 11:38 pm

Dear Taxpayer# 28 Thank you for caring. I will remember your words. But, my heart still wants to vote for the Goodguys. Merry Christmas

32. Pokey   December 18, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Wow had no idea this kind of thing was going on in Fallbrook – I guess my own innocence showing. If the allegations in comment 21 are true, I’d be even more shocked, but "what do I know?" is the overall lesson I’m taking from this.

33. Mike W   December 18, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Legalization and education are the keys to getting rid of the drug problem in this town, this country and the world, not stiffer punishments or any "War on Drugs" it has already been tried for the last 5 years and failed and it is high time to move on.

The movement to legalize drugs in no way means to legalize all drugs, just like the second amendment does not mean you can have a missile silo in your backyard.
    Speed, Meth or whatever you want to call it is a poison that kills the heart in increments while destroying the body in other ways, including lack of sleep which is more detrimental to your health than most folks think, so Meth would never be legalized in any sane society. Our error comes first from how so called drugs are classified in this state, and then our practice of lumping them together as if they are the same, they are not..
    One of the many reasons our current war on drugs has failed is because no one ever thought to consider what makes a person want to alter their consciousness, because that’s what it comes down to and it is a valid question because there are many good reasons in this day and age why a person would feel the desire to do that.

Bottom line, if a person wants to come home from work and have a beer, glass of wine, a Cocktail or other mixed drink, a tokecito, practice meditation do yoga or what ever to help them relax and enjoy the rest of their day, I say that’s a God given right and up to the individual.
    We need education and a little history to know about Cocaine for instance, which today is a deadly poison right up there with Meth because, like Meth, it is processed with some of the most toxic, cancer causing chemicals known to man. Cocaine is a good example of another problem in the war on drugs because it wasn’t always a poison like it is today, the DEA, no matter how well intentioned, took away all the cleaner ways to process it. Unfortunately it did not stem the flow of Cocaine into this country, but it did turn Cocaine into a poison because the principle chemical for extracting it from the harmless Coca plant is now gasoline and or desil fuel, both loaded with toxic chemicals like Benzine, one of the most cancer causing substance in the world…

After reading the article and all the comments I have to agree with Mom of lots and
    Anonymous Comment #21
    "First of all-Mr. Carter is innocent until proven guilty."
    So lets not hang the dude yet, but If he truly is guilty then he should be prosecuted for his real offense, poisoning his fellow man…Then most people would think twice about what they are doing and would be more likely not to do it in the first place..

34. Mike W   December 18, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Why do I only see my mistakes AFTER I post a comment … Opening sentence should read 50 years not 5, zero key sticks on my ten year old laptop..

35. Anonymous   December 26, 2012 at 5:07 am

@Paul- No, I think YOU need to get a life.

36. Get whats comming to you...   January 14, 2013 at 3:37 pm

@ #21…. Hes far from innocent….. If he really was maybe someone other than his mother would be on here defending him. Its not called bad luck… Its called Bad Choices and your son has made enough of those to last his life time.

37. What a shame!!!!   January 25, 2013 at 8:59 pm

David is my brother and it breaks my heart to see all of the nasty, hateful and judgemental comments….while I agree that my brother was not doing the right things and I understand other’s frustration he is not "trailer trash" as stated above….he is a human being who has an addiction problem and he is sick……never judge before you have walked a mile in someone’s shoes…..please remember there are ALWAYS TWO SIDES to a story…..and less than 5% of what actually happened has been exposed on either side……the greater issue is that society is quicker to lock someone up and throw away the key instead of providing services for those who struggle with mental health and addiction issues……..at the end of the day I pray for my brother that he gets help and I also pray that none of you or your families have to struggle with the disease of addiction…..it’s devastating!!!!!!!

38. nothismotherdefendingafriendwhoknowsthetruth   January 29, 2013 at 1:15 am

First of all,

It was not his mother defending him, it was a friend.

Secondly, to all you haters and smacktalkers: the manufacturing charges were dropped. Thank goodness that justice prevailed on that issue. So everyone who was talking smack, eat your words. The DA”s office had to drop i,t because they had NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER -so shut the heck up. Even more charges got dropped at his pretrial hearing, and hopefully all will be dropped before the trial!!!!! Thank God that the Office of the Public Defender’s are doing their job up to this point in representing someone in the lower income bracket who cannot afford proper defense!!!!!

39. theelectricianswife   October 16, 2014 at 1:41 pm

I have known Dave and his mom for a number of years. Played softball with them and worked on jobs with him. They are both very good people. I was saddened to hear that Dave hit a rough spot in Life’s Journey. He and his family are in my prayers and I hope Dave gets the help he needs. My love to you both.