Fire burning in Quebec Impact Area of Camp Pendleton

CAMP PENDLETON – A brush fire is currently burning in the Quebec Impact Area of Camp Pendleton. Camp Pendleton fire crews are currently conducting back-burn operations that will last throughout this afternoon (May 3) and into the early evening. Smoke may be visible throughout the northern portion of the base.

A Base spokesman said some controlled burns are planned in upcoming days.

There is no threat to Camp Pendleton personnel or structures.

9 Responses to "Fire burning in Quebec Impact Area of Camp Pendleton"

1. Bob Z.   May 3, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Another brilliant decision to have live fire exercises on a red flag day with numerous wildfires around So. Cal. Somebody on base needs to get a clue and be a better neighbor

2. Molly M   May 3, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Please print a basic map showing the location of Quebec Impact Area (and all of the other areas for future burns). Thank you.

3. 3 year home owner in Fallbrook.   May 3, 2013 at 4:27 pm

It seems like a good day to teach how to put out fires in war zones. We know you have it all under control. Thank you for all you do.

4. Lee   May 3, 2013 at 4:36 pm

Stupid is as stupid does.

5. Karen L   May 3, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Just hope they stay on-top of it. The Horno Fire back in 2007 was enough excitement for me. I live in San Clemente. It is not uncommon to see smoke plumes coming from Camp P. I’m not worried.

6. Laughing Out Loud   May 4, 2013 at 8:59 am

You need to stop putting yourself down Lee, your not that bad…. well maybe.

7. FALLBROOK 101   May 4, 2013 at 12:19 pm

8. too many needless wars   May 5, 2013 at 4:12 pm

I wish we could close the base, and a hundred others like it. The last four wars have made a very few rich people much richer and maimed/disabled/de-railed thousands of men and families.

As fire fighters, the Marines are nearly perfect. And I get that they need to train on days with built-in hazards. My concern is the generations of young men shattered by wars we didn’t need to start.

9. Lee   May 6, 2013 at 10:36 am

@ #8 too many needless wars

Wow, this is Fallbrook? How refreshing! I couldn’t agree more with you.