FALLBROOK – Today, March 15, at 7 a.m. Crime Suppression Team deputies and detectives from the Fallbrook Sheriff’s substation served a search warrant at a residence located in the 1100 block of Juliette Place, in Fallbrook, after a month- long investigation related to narcotics and stolen property.

The following five Fallbrook residents were arrested: Michael Thomas Ochoa, 39, and Jose Barreto, 34 were arrested for active felony warrants and possession of heroin. Erika Favela, 34, was arrested for an active felony warrant and possession of drug paraphernalia. Joshua O’Brien, 34, was arrested for possession of heroin.

The primary resident, Billy Painter, 57, was arrested and charged with providing a place for distribution of controlled substances and possession of a controlled substance (methamphetamine). All five suspects were booked into the Vista Detention Facility.

Detectives seized several rare U.S. coins during the search warrant that are believed to be stolen property.

Anyone with information about this case can call the Sheriff’s Department non-emergency line at (858)565-5200. You can remain anonymous and be eligible for up to a $1,000 reward for information leading to an arrest. Call Crime Stoppers at (888) 580-8477.

33 Responses to "Five Fallbrook residents arrested on narcotics and stolen property charges during investigation"

1. A 53 yr old Grandma   March 16, 2013 at 3:13 am

Great Job Fallbrook Sheriff. Keep up the great work and get those "solid gangsters" out of there. Same thing we are doing here in Temecula. Weed them out literally and get their drugs and cash, they will move ON and OUT!!!

2. nobody   March 16, 2013 at 5:25 am

And two are out already what gives?

3. Pessimistic   March 16, 2013 at 6:04 am

As for these wonderful miscreants: seems a couple of those names represent repeat offenders…

4. Re???   March 16, 2013 at 6:06 am

And the lists grows. When you least expect it POW, there goes another one of your cuz’s. They are looking for you my friends. The lists will continue. To Be Continued………..

5. Preston   March 16, 2013 at 8:46 am

The reason they are out already (or are repeat offenders) is because we vote to be easy on crime.
    We want the Sheriff to arrest these thugs then we stab the Sheriff in the back with our vote.
    Fallbrook is on of the most beautiful places in the country to live but if we allow the gangs and drug dealers to take over its beauty will be tarnished.
    Use the phone number in the article every-time you suspect criminals in your neighboorhood!

6. Disgusted   March 16, 2013 at 9:41 am

Losers and bottom feeders all.

7. @preston   March 16, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Preston, will you give it a rest already? It seems no matter what the story is about, you say the exact same thing over and over again.

8. grunt   March 16, 2013 at 4:45 pm

The reason one at least is out is that they dropped the charges; the home owner’s only crime was selecting the wrong renters.

9. Lee   March 16, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Thank you Law Enforcement!

Criminals, stupid is as stupid does.

10. nobody   March 17, 2013 at 9:00 am

I believe the reason the one is out is maybe he gave up his supplier or lied who it is……… That house has been raided 4 times now.

11. You gotta know   March 17, 2013 at 9:59 am

The homeowner knew exactly what was going on in there. If you are renting rooms to someone who is on heroine or meth there is no denying you know exactly what is going on and very much a part of it!

12. J-Roc   March 17, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Yea Preston shut up already

13. Brookie   March 17, 2013 at 7:22 pm

Don’t know why everyone is down on Preston. I agree with him/her 110%.

14. Check it out   March 17, 2013 at 9:27 pm

So do I Brookie. Problem is that people hate to hear the truth, it makes them uncomfortable.

15. Little Wing   March 17, 2013 at 10:08 pm

U guys should be more like the classier cities of California like Santa Ana

16. Redneck Bill   March 17, 2013 at 10:51 pm

Preston is obviously a Republican her.

17. 55yrNative   March 18, 2013 at 12:18 am

Amen Preston.
    I have seen this world from both sides growing up here in Fallbrook/PalaMesa/Bonsall. I agree 100% I was born here and my space is paid for when I die here – buried with 3 generations of my family. Drugs dug a huge hole in our lives and the apathy towards these criminals is short sighted. I know 2 generations, moving into 3 soon that fell off that cliff and the downward spiral continues.

Like Barney Fife used to say, "Nip it…Nip it in the bud!"
    Fallbrook was a bit nicer when it was more Mayberry.

LYAO J-Roc. You Poser.

18. Concerned mom   March 18, 2013 at 8:32 am

Unfortunately, Preston may have a point. I witness the same thing. People seem to go in to just come right back out.

19. Better than a Dem   March 18, 2013 at 8:37 am

Redneck Bill, there is some truth to what Preston is saying. I am republican and proud of it. Better than the evil that has been trying to destroy our constitutional rights and oppress the people to the point where USA is turning into a Communist state run by an man who isn’t even American. So Redneck Bill you can take your head out of the dirt and wake up. This isn’t about politics, its about the fact that these people who are close to the school in a family oriented neighborhood selling and using some of the deadliest drugs, and yet they get a slap on the wrist, where is the consequences for their actions? This house had been raided 4 times. When is it enough?

20. Pink   March 18, 2013 at 8:56 am

"A Republican "her"?? So Redneck does that mean that Democrats are for letting criminals (thieves, murders, rapists, child molesters) out of jail early and allowing drug dealers and gangs to take over our town?

21. The problem is   March 18, 2013 at 9:45 am

Not Preston it is the dang heroin/meth addicts screwing up fallbrook stealing and such! Pot heads not such a big deal, heroin/meth users is a BAD deal.

22. Faster   March 18, 2013 at 9:54 am

Great job…………..

23. Preston   March 18, 2013 at 9:58 am

Apparently I have overstated my views but that is because I deeply care about this Country and its people. I

24. The Truth   March 18, 2013 at 10:51 am

We live in a sick and evil world. Good thing, this is just a temporary place. Arguing and pointing fingers, will not help anyone here. But loving from the start, until the end will.

25. Redneck Bill   March 18, 2013 at 1:37 pm

Sorry everyone, my bad. Inappropriate, overdeveloped sense of humor that only me and a few people who know me get.

I agree with much of what Preston says. I too am old, and care deeply about the country that gave me the freedom to reach my potential. Because of my wise a** nature and independence, I probably wouldn’t have made it past the age of 5 had I grown up in a totalitarian state.

But can we identify a root problem or problems that have led to our country’s decline? I don’t know. Surely apathy is a factor. As is overspending. And how about the breakdown of the family, the lack of values and discipline.

Maybe nations rise and fall like the tides. I hate to see it happen here, but maybe that is just the pattern. If you look at history no nation has remained preeminent forever.

This free will stuff our Creator has endowed us with is pretty interesting. How we manage our resources, how we treat other people and nations, how we care for the planet. In a few short years when I meet Him I plan to ask if He really thought the whole free will thing through, because we sure have made a mess of things.

26. Pink   March 18, 2013 at 4:32 pm

As one Smart A** to another RB I salute you. I got the Republican part, just not the her. (-: I hope you realize that my reply was tongue in cheek as well. Funny that you should mention not making it to the age of 5 in a totalitarian state, because that has often been said of me. I would have been rotting in some dank, smelly, rat infested prison for over 50 years by now if it weren’t for that freedom of speech thing. On a serious note, we have all heard of the "fall of the Roman Empire". I think we may be looking down the throat of our own fall from grace. You nailed. Apathy, over spending, love of money, a loss of our moral compass, just to name a few. I think He gave us free will in order to catch us when we fall. Sadly some will fall without a net.

27. Better than a Dem   March 18, 2013 at 6:43 pm

Redneck Bill and Pink- I am in total agreement that this great nation is heading for a fall. Your right, empathy, overspending and definately the breakdown of the marriage. There seems to be no traditional values anylonger and no one seems to pay their consequences for their actions. Another problem, the strong sense of entitlement. Especially with the younger generation. Our loss for our moral compass has left us in these dark times. The death culture seems to be prevailing, since when is it okay to murder an innocent human being? Abortionist killing everyday, perhaps even killed future presidents, future leaders. One thing is for certain if these guys dont feel the consequences here on Earth, they still have to stand infront of our God in judgement.

28. Rikki   March 18, 2013 at 7:59 pm

I moved out of Fallbrook. Not because its better anyplace else, but because its better for me. The police will never be able to stop this problem. It’s up to the users. I hope they get the treatment they need. Those who sell and the victims of addiction. Break this cycle!

29. Re????   March 19, 2013 at 3:57 pm

Some of the problems that we are experiencing today is that we have taken in other country’s problem children and allowed them to stay, when we should ship them right back to where they were released from and charge their country the amount it costs to catch and release these ingrates. I am tired of seeing this nations children suffer because we are so soft on allowing people who do not pay anything to be here, or taxes to put back into our economy and supply them with food, shelter and whatever else they want, but yet we cannot take care of our own first. I understand that other countries have issues with their governments, but use the attitudes that you do here towards the Americans who are supporting you, and take it back to your own country and fix it!!! When we allow the slime of the other countries to penetrate our borders and then allow them to stay, it is our problem and we need to fix it through our voting and show the backbone we were born with. Quit this stinkin thinking that we cannot change anything, we can, but we must first try!!

30. ChaNgito   March 20, 2013 at 3:37 am

Rikki I am happy for u day by day this town is getting worst…

31. Sunshine   March 20, 2013 at 9:15 am

Re???? Good for you. You said it all.

32. Carla   March 20, 2013 at 9:32 am

@19 and 27. I greatly urge you to continue with your tired, old Republican talking points (Obama is an evil foreigner and a ‘Commie’, traditional values blah, blah, women should shut up and stay at home and content themselves in their traditional roles as forced incubators, America was an ever more pleasant place before all these pushy dark skinned people suddenly showed up, LGBT people should never be afforded a modicum of respect much less civil rights and wouldn’t it be nice if we could turn America into a Christian theocracy). I might also suggest that you add a policy plank into your Republican Party Platform guaranteeing a Model T in every garage so that your irrelevance to people of my age would be complete.

33. Grown Woman   March 20, 2013 at 11:14 am

Wow Carla, you must have had some really serious issues growing up. I’m sorry.