The exact cause of death of a 15-year-old Fallbrook boy who was found at a residence in the 1200 block of Old Stage Road on Saturday, Jan. 5, will be determined by toxicology tests, the San Diego Medical Examiner said today, January 8.

Martin Campos, a student athlete at Fallbrook High School, was non-responsive and not breathing when paramedics

from North County fire arrived at the residence. CPR efforts were unsuccessful, said Sheriff’s Sgt. Patrick Yates. Campos was pronounced dead at about 8:13 p.m.

Friends of Campos said his body was found at the home of a friend, and that his death appears to have involved an overdose of medication. This information has not yet been substantiated by authorities.

The San Diego County Medical Examiner’s office conducted an autopsy on Campos’ body on Jan. 7, but said the final cause of death won’t be known for a few weeks.

“The toxicology reports can take up to 90 days to provide the information needed,” said Lenore McDowell of the Medical Examiner’s office.

According to Campos’ godmother, Maggie Guzman, the young man was “a great kid, very family-oriented, and had many friends.”

“Everything he said always came from the heart,” said Guzman. “He never complained and was always positive. He always had a smile on his face.”

Campos attended Vallecitos School in Rainbow through eighth grade and was currently attending Fallbrook High School.

“He played basketball, rugby, and football,” said Guzman. “He was involved in two youth groups – at St. Peter’s and Sonrise Christian Fellowship; and attended the Boys & Girls Club when he was younger.’

According to a friend of his named Andrea, “Martin was a great kid. He always knew how to make people smile and he brightened a room whenever he walked in. He was loved by everyone.”

Campos was the son of Blanca and Louie Campos, but Guzman said, “He was also raised by Estela and Robert Perez, his aunt and uncle.”

Guzman said the situation is understandably difficult for the family.

“Our family is going through a difficult time, but we know Heaven has to be happy because they have received a new angel,” said Guzman. “He will be missed and cherished in our hearts forever.”

A funeral mass has been scheduled for Monday, Jan. 14 at 10 a.m. at St. Peter the Apostle Catholic Church in Fallbrook. Campos’ brothers and sisters are asking all attendees to wear white shirts in his honor.

Friends are seeking donations to help the family with burial expenses. They said donations towards that can be taken or sent to Berry-Bell & Hall Fallbrook Mortuary. (Call (760) 728-1689 for donation information.)

(previous story, January 5, 2013, 11:31 p.m.)

15-year-old boy dies in Fallbrook

The San Diego County Sheriff’s Dept. has released some very preliminary information relating to a 15-year-old boy that

died in Fallbrook tonight.

Sgt. Patrick Yates said emergency responders were contacted shortly after 7:30 p.m. and arrived to a location in the 1200 block of Old Stage Road where they found a 15-year-old boy that was non responsive and not breathing.

“They arrived with the fire department and began CPR,” said Yates. “The 15-year-old was pronounced dead at about 8:13 p.m.”

Yates said the circumstances of the juvenile’s death are unknown pending the results of the Medical Examiner’s Office investigation.

The name of the decedent is not being released pending notification of family.

100 Responses to "Friends help raise money for 15-year-old’s funeral costs; cause of death waiting on toxicology report"

1. Diana   January 6, 2013 at 12:22 am

Very tragic, our prayers are being sent to his family….

2. Friend   January 6, 2013 at 12:25 am

RIP Bro We All Love You

3. Friend   January 6, 2013 at 12:37 am

Rip martin you were a great friend. Really competitive

4. Efe guns   January 6, 2013 at 12:50 am

That’s crazy, what’s going on in this town.

5. .!   January 6, 2013 at 12:58 am

Rest in peace baby boy ):

6. student   January 6, 2013 at 2:37 am

this is so unfair, and unreal.. he was a great kid and will be missed by so many people. its not fair he had to go so young, he hadn’t even started his life. I love you. your going to be missed by so many!

7. Jose   January 6, 2013 at 2:41 am

Its Martin…..RIP

8. Monica..   January 6, 2013 at 3:34 am

I miss you R.I.P.
    I love you!
    Your I’m my prayers!

9. DK   January 6, 2013 at 8:19 am

Prayers for peace be with the family in this devastating time. God Bless

10. IBAM   January 6, 2013 at 8:42 am

MAY YOU REST IN PEACE, SUCH A YOUNG AGE!!! MY CONDOLENCES TO THE FAMILY.

11. Rip homie   January 6, 2013 at 8:45 am

I hope your in a better place dawg you will be missed. We were kicking it perfeclty fine then this had to happen.

12. Long time resident   January 6, 2013 at 9:20 am

The news just reported that the teen took prescription drugs. This is so sad, and scary. My heart goes out to this family…

13. Complete shocker   January 6, 2013 at 9:45 am

Rip peace tini!! You were a true athlete lil man! You shined at every sport i will pray for u and your fam …may the heavenly father have you in his arms champ! …my deepest condolences.

14. Hnnn   January 6, 2013 at 10:09 am

Wtf is up in Fallbrook!

15. friend   January 6, 2013 at 10:35 am

rest in peace lil brother you will be miss :) ill see you soon.

16. unKnown...   January 6, 2013 at 10:57 am

Coricidin by any chance?

17. Judith   January 6, 2013 at 11:20 am

We will miss you mijo, may you rest in peace. Sweet boy

18. D   January 6, 2013 at 11:35 am

To all his friends and family. He is in a better place. God just wanted him home. RIP young man.

19. friend   January 6, 2013 at 1:14 pm

RIP Martin. ❤

20. Funinsd   January 6, 2013 at 2:27 pm

RIP sad to see a young person go. What’s up with fallbrook the last few days and there was a stabbing in Rainbow this morning that injured 3 and this young man and the 2 guys that passed away This last Thursday this town needs to get a grip and stop the making the news.

21. Teacher   January 6, 2013 at 3:08 pm

Martin who?

22. Fallbrookmomof2   January 6, 2013 at 3:21 pm

As I didn’t know this boy and my son only knew of him this saddens me to have lost such a young soul, my prayers go out to his family and friends that they find peace in all this somewhere and hopefully learn from this!

23. A mom   January 6, 2013 at 5:20 pm

I happen to be in the ER when they brought him in, it’s something I will never forget. Such a tragic thing to happen to such a young man with his whole life ahead of him. My thoughts and prayers are with your family and friends. May you rest in peace.

24. Fallbrookmomof2   January 6, 2013 at 6:37 pm

@Teacher Martin Campos

25. aroiris   January 6, 2013 at 7:45 pm

What a tragedy we lost one of us
    God keep you in a good place…

26. Friend   January 6, 2013 at 7:47 pm

R.I.P Martin. You are in a better place now:(

27. Football   January 6, 2013 at 7:52 pm

I played football with him, he was such a great influence to me. I will never forget him and i will always love him. See you in Heaven bro.

28. Someone   January 6, 2013 at 8:06 pm

Its sad he ended his life at young age like his cousin Danny the person i knew for a long time who died at age 15 too. To heck with the homies of the young boy, Bunch of lame retarded thugs who act like they really care about thier friend when i think they were the ones who gave him drugs and got him addicted. They didn’t care if their homie taking too many pills. RIP Hope your in a better place, and im sure Danny is waiting to take you to his paradise. Forget your stupid friends who were there with you their dont really care. They only care about drugs to make them look cool.

29. kma   January 6, 2013 at 8:12 pm

LOCK up your prescriptions! Fallbrook is no different from other areas of the country…

30. LilWayne   January 6, 2013 at 8:58 pm

RIP in peace brother u will forevr be in my hart
    #swag 4 lyf
    #yolo.

31. LilWayne   January 6, 2013 at 8:58 pm

RIP in peace brother u will forevr be in my hart
    #swag 4 lyf
    #yolo.

32. Rachael   January 6, 2013 at 9:08 pm

R.I.P. little man! May you be heaven with the angels and may you guide the rest in need of an angel! May God be with you and we pray for you to rest so heavenly. My thoughts and prayers are with you , your family, and friends.

33. Johnson   January 6, 2013 at 9:50 pm

Rip Martin….

34. Stay Up   January 6, 2013 at 11:20 pm

Love you like my own brother Martin.
    Wish I could laugh with you one more time man.
    R.I.P.
    #foreverLIFTED

35. Fallbrookian   January 7, 2013 at 12:25 am

Drugs…..when will kids finally get it? This has been happening since the 60’s and I am just sick of it. I have seen too many young people die needlessly like this boy. A true tragedy. This shows me that there needs to be a better system to educate kids on prescription drugs.

36. fb mom   January 7, 2013 at 5:47 am

May he rest I’m peace so sorry for your loss.

37. Kioshi !   January 7, 2013 at 6:19 am

I love you Martin !! I will see you again one day

38. FR86   January 7, 2013 at 8:18 am

@efe Guns

What’s happening in this town is related to the "Gang Bangers" that are coming into this area from LA, San Bernardino, Riverside and Orange counties as well as from below the border. The drugs and other illicit activities are corrupting our kids.

Law enforcement is overwhelmed by all these losers.

39. Starathletes   January 7, 2013 at 9:32 am

So long MC…. til we meet again. Once a warrior always a warrior..

40. Starathletes   January 7, 2013 at 9:34 am

Rugby won’t be the same without you.. R.I.P buddy. Gone too soon..

41. Saddened   January 7, 2013 at 9:50 am

I too was in the ER when Martin was brought in. Campos family, I cannot stop thinking about you. I keep replaying the moment your family heard the news over and over in my mind. I am so deeply sorry for your loss. As I promised Tito (I believe that is who I spoke to) and the young lady with him, you are all constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

42. Sad   January 7, 2013 at 10:48 am

We were also in the ER, it was such a sad thing to experience, every single one of us in the ER waiting room had tears in our eyes. My heart goes out to your family. May God give you peace and comfort in this difficult time. I’m so sorry.

43. CutiePie6   January 7, 2013 at 11:21 am

DONT DO DRUGS AND YOU WONT OVERDOSE. DUH!

44. Raider Bill   January 7, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Deeply saddened by the lost. My PRAYERS go out to the family, team mates and the many friends of Martin.

45. broken hearted fb mom   January 7, 2013 at 12:38 pm

My prayers go out to the Campos family and the many friends of Martin (including my own daughter who is broken hearted). His life was taken too soon by a single mistake. Please let this be a lesson to the rest of you teens, don’t let this happen to you.

46. tokes   January 7, 2013 at 1:35 pm

to everyone who knew martin campos should now realize wat drugs can do I know this is a a wake up call to me! You will truely be missed you will always be in my thoughts and prayers. Rest in Paradise Martin Campos see u soon up in paradise

47. Forever young   January 7, 2013 at 1:55 pm

R.I.P. bud..my sincerest condolences to the family.

48. ?   January 7, 2013 at 1:56 pm

@tokes – NOW you realize what drugs can do to you? THIS was a wakeup call? You mean no one ever told you about the dangers of drugs?

49. gabs   January 7, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Cutiepie6 shut ur mouth…we luv u martin always in our hearts

50. Village News seeks good factual information   January 7, 2013 at 5:01 pm

Any family members or very close friends of Martin Campos are welcome to email the Village News editor at editor@thevillagenews.com to provide some good information for the story on him. It would be nice to know which schools he attended, his many sports activities, etc. Please, only factual information should be sent out of respect for Martin.

51. Fallbrook high school mom   January 7, 2013 at 5:49 pm

Martin went to fallbrook high. He was not only part of the warrior football team but also the rugby team. Things just got out of hand , wrong decisions were made. However all this should not make him a target for all that is going wrong. Martin, I can only imagine how these past few days, weeks , month have been you. . No one should pass any judgement, you are just learning right from wrong. Some of us adults are still trying to get it all right. I know you are in good hands. your hand was held by your guardian angel, your final journey you did not walk alone. May your families heart be filled with peace, and happy memories of your time here.

52. A concerned father   January 7, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Were the prescription drugs given by his doctor? Or did he obtain the prescription drugs intended for someone else?

53. Friend   January 7, 2013 at 6:42 pm

I still can’t really imagine your gone it feels like a dream much love and prayers to you rip

54. Sam   January 7, 2013 at 6:52 pm

Only God and Martin knows where Martin is. IT is sad that this happen. This happens to alot of good familys but when you take God out of you live well Martin might not be in a better place . I dont know where he is, only God and Martin do. Wake up no free ride.

55. Erin   January 7, 2013 at 8:46 pm

@cutiepie6- Why do you feel it’s necessary to make a comment like that? Does it make you feel superior to post your sweet anti-drug comment to these people during their hour of sorrow? Some people in this town are so freaking insensitive and mean. My heart goes out to the family of this boy. Whoever gave this kid the pills should feel really guilty.

56. hmmm   January 7, 2013 at 10:37 pm

As my heart does go out to the family no one is looking at the bigger picture! Hello a 15 year old OD!! What the heck! And someone said oh u were just learning right from wrong! Maybe parents should be stressing more and more not to do drugs and RX pills are also drugs! Maybe parents shouldnt turn a blind eye to their kids being drunk and hung over! Maybe parents should find out who their kids really are hanging out with! Maybe parents should realize when a kid says im going to a get together it means a party!! He knew what he was doing and knew the dangers to it! But he got the drugs from somebody. Doing drugs is basically signing ur own death warrant! The true victims here are this poor kids family.

57. IBAM   January 8, 2013 at 12:47 am

A FUND ACCOUNT HAS BEEN OPEN TO COVER MARTIN CAMPOS FUNERAL SERVICES. IF YOU WILL LIKE TO CONTRIBUTE, PLEASE CONTACT: STEVE AT BERRY BELL MORTUARY AT 760-728-1689. ALSO, WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 9, 2013…BETWEEN 11AM – 5PM A CAR WASH TO RAISE FUNDS TO CONTRIBUTE TO MARTIN’S FUNERAL SERVICES WILL BE HELD AT HAPPY JUG LIQUOR STORE, 143 AMMUNITION RD. FALLBROOK, CA NO SET CASH AMOUNT FOR EACH CARS BEING WASHED, ONLY DONATIONS FROM THE HEART. EVERY ONE IS WELCOME.

58. gabs   January 8, 2013 at 1:22 am

At village news u should speak to the football players and rugby players that no and love martin he was a great kid his coaches and everyone who knew martin know that he was amazing ….my son have been playing football together since mitey might for pop warner we luv u tini and forever u will b missed

59. warning   January 8, 2013 at 7:04 am

The parents of Martin’s girfriend and friends should take a closer look at their own children. All may not be as it seems.

60. Friend   January 8, 2013 at 8:25 am

r.i.p martin ♥ Forever will you be in our hearts

61. #RBC   January 8, 2013 at 8:38 am

#very good kid…..

62. hmm   January 8, 2013 at 10:45 am

@warning….are you fing kidding me right now….i suggest you STFU before you decide to go off on the gf of Martin or any of his friends. Because you are placing my kids in that group too and I’m done sitting here and reading all the negative comments that are being placed on her regarding Martin. This is BS and needs to stop. Do you get it???? HE WAS A 15 YEAR OLD THAT DIDN’T NEED TO DIE. Don’t you ever pick up your hand to talk about Martin’s Girlfriend or any of his friends for that matter including my kids if you to fing know what you are talking about. My kids along with the kids that you are talking about are the best group of kids any mother could ever ask for. I constantly have these kids at my house and I have never suspected them doing any drugs. Martin’s girlfriend has been in my life for 10+ years and is having enough to deal with right now than to have to deal with you as an adult making false and absurd accusations about drug use in their tight knit group. Unless you have physically seen this happen than STFU.

63. DK   January 8, 2013 at 11:09 am

I cannot believe some of the horrible comments on this page. Martin was a wonderful young man. My children went to the BNGC together, way back. Our families have watched many Pop Warner and High School football games together. It is a dishonor to his name and his parents to be so insensitive in their time of grief. Who are we to judge anyone? I am a spirtual person and believe that we should treat everyone as if it were Jesus we were treating or speaking too..RIP Martin

64. L Sanderson-Cuellar   January 8, 2013 at 11:15 am

Martin I will surely miss u. You always had a great big smile on ur face when I saw you every time. I am so glad that I was able to see u one last time before Christmas, my daughter & I will always remeber you for who u were, bright boy w/ a beautiful smile, great personality, enjoyed school & loved his family & his friends. I will always love u my dear friend. I know u are looking down from the heavens @ all of us. Until we meet again!!!!!

65. Praying   January 8, 2013 at 11:38 am

My prayers go to the family and friends of Martin! My son tells me about what a great friend he was to all. God has appointed Martin with a new job. Let him be our angel to remind us of the dangers of any type of controlled substance. When curiousity creeps in, we need to remember what a beautiful person Martin was and the pain that was left behind from this tragedy. Go hug your loved ones today!!!

66. JM   January 8, 2013 at 11:56 am

Sam, Martin and their entire family are wonderful people so please keep your own personal religious away from this. Im sure the family would be greatly hurt to read your comment. Are you implying he is going to hell? Again that whole family are great people and Martin’s bad choices are not deservable of the scare tactic of eternal hell. RIP Martin, I KNOW you are in a better place.

67. To hmm   January 8, 2013 at 12:13 pm

It’s that kind of looking away that lets this stuff happen. And I am not a parent. I am someone who has seen it. Also, as you are a parent, I am surprised by your language.

68. Aneighbor   January 8, 2013 at 12:14 pm

First, I would like to say that Martin was my boyfriend’s neighbor. He said that Martin was a good kid, and it’s hard for him to accept that this “good little guy” is gone. His smile won’t shine in that neighborhood anymore.

For all of the snotty people who condemn and judge, him or his family.- For God’s sakes, have a little compassion!! Resist your compulsion to lecture about the dangers of drugs, unless you are willing to put your money where your mouth is!!!!! I see a lot of opinions without any solutions.

We all make mistakes. None of us are perfect, nor are your children. This could easily have been your son. Are you really so smug and sure that your teenagers aren’t experimenting with drugs? Do all of the haters here, practice what you preach? Doubtful.

Teenagers sometimes make the wrong choices. Unfortunately, this boy didn’t get the chance for a “different choice”. All of this banter about, “should have, could have” is useless. The fact this young man died from an overdose gives me no comfort.

If all of the “righteous people” truly cared about the youth of today, you would stop talking crud to grieving people, and try to make a positive difference here!! Have any of you ever thought about hosting a high school youth group event? Volunteered your time in neighborhoods tutoring underprivileged kids in Algebra? Started your own neighborhood mentoring program for minors identified as “documented gang members”? Ever offered an encouraging word to a kid in your own neighborhood, instead of stereotyping? Offered to help a neighbor boy with his homework after school?

This family is very poor and cannot afford all of this young man’s final expenses. Instead of making snotty comments on here in order to feel superior, why not donate money for his funeral? Or start a scholarship fund in his name at Fallbrook High? One random act of kindness, would better serve our community, than spewing venom.

Ask yourself…How would I feel if this were my son, cousin, friend, brother this article was about? Please people… like the family of this young man doesn’t already feel bad enough! How would you feel if the comments you post here were directed at you during a time like this?

69. sam   January 8, 2013 at 1:34 pm

JM alot of people are wounderful. That does not get you in HEAVEN.I think you are implying he is going to hell. I only said He and GOD knows. No scare tactic it is real.

70. Mom   January 8, 2013 at 1:49 pm

My son was good friends with Martin and tells me what a good person he was. This is a true tragedy. My poor son feels so bad because he was going to go see Martin the day before this happened because Martin was stressed out and wanted to talk with friends. My son has a huge hole in his heart for missing this time he could have had to find out what was going on in that poor boys head. May god ease the pain for my son as well as the Campos family and all of martins friends. This is something I will never forget having my son going to the hospital late at night to say good bye to his close friend. He will never be forgotten. RIP MARTIN CAMPOS

71. DisgustedatColdHeartedPeople   January 8, 2013 at 2:27 pm

I really hope the Village News adopts a new policy regarding comments. I am absolutely horrified and disgusted at the cruel, insensitive, and heartless posts. I am astonished at the lack of sympathy and empathy- for one of our own community members.

You "holier than thou" hypocrites- would know that this kid is in heaven- because God is a merciful God. If any of you actually read the Bible, and acted like Christians- you would know these bible verses well:

72. @Sam   January 8, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Martin was very active with 463 Ministries at Sonrise Christian Fellowship. Being Christian does not mean a person doesn’t or can’t have substance abuse or addiction problems. We are made of flesh & the flesh is weak.

You’re holier than thou attitude is really annoying. Jesus was also annoyed with the self-righteous.

73. Mike Majewski   January 8, 2013 at 4:07 pm

I love coaching rugby and being involved with your boys. And gladly would have a team full of "Martins". His smile and hugs are infectious. Along with his competitiveness and intensity. My boys are hurting right now and we all miss Martin. So may I suggest that more people get involved with the kids in our community. You will be blessed.

74. mom of a sad son   January 8, 2013 at 6:11 pm

This has been tough for my son and other’s to handle. My heart and prayers goes out to the family and friends who knew Martin. Try and remember the good times, and that beautiful smile he had.

75. To FHS   January 8, 2013 at 9:01 pm

I hope Fallbrook High will allow excused absences for Martin’s friends to attend the funeral Mass. My son was a friend & will be attending.

To the family: My heart breaks for you. There is no greater human love than that of a parent for a child, and no greater loss for a parent than the loss of a child.

76. Mother of a teammate and friend   January 8, 2013 at 9:29 pm

My dear friends. My the sorrow and devastation of his loss to overshadowed the the heavenly angels rejoicing in his arrival.
    He was an amazing good young man that made a bad decision. Vastly different than a bad person. My son made those same bad decisions at a point in his life, but it never changed is heart or is soul.

I personally know this fine young man. Stop judging.

Best advise for parent: drug test your kids often and randomly. No harm in ensuring they are clean. Just proves their honesty!

77. Mother of a teammate and friend   January 8, 2013 at 9:29 pm

I personally know this fine young man. Stop judging.

78. friend   January 8, 2013 at 9:35 pm

rest in peace martin , you were a great friend, you were someone who would make things better when someone was down. God has you with him, you are always gonna be in our hearts. my prayers go out to the campos family. you will always be loved and missed by many . i love you dude, forever and always !

79. FB raised   January 8, 2013 at 11:10 pm

I’m really sorry for the rude people in the fb area. I’m sure almost everyone in fb has done something to put there life in danger. I’m sorry for the loss and I’m sure your son was an amazing angel! I will have all his friends and family in my prayers.

80. Another guy...   January 9, 2013 at 9:58 am

whoever gave him those drugs.. i hope u burn. he was so young. whoever gave him those drugs…. i hope u know what you did.. you’re horrible. RIP MARTIN.

81. question   January 9, 2013 at 10:45 am

@another guy… gave him the drugs? Was he forced to take them? I don’t understand.

82. Stephy   January 9, 2013 at 11:37 am

Please help this Local Fallbrook Family raise money for funeral expenses! Every dollar counts!

83. Ray (the real one)   January 9, 2013 at 12:10 pm

What a waste of a young life.

84. IBAM   January 9, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Martin Campos viewing will be on Sunday, January 13, 2013 from 4:00 pm – 10:00 pm at Berry-Bell & Hall Mortuary…..333 N. Vine St. Fallrbook, CA 92028. Also, on Monday, January 14, 2013 there will be a Mass at 10:00 am at St. Peter’s Catholic Church….450 S. Stage Coach Lane Fallbrook, CA 92028 Family and friends, coming together as one for this great young man.

85. Resident   January 9, 2013 at 1:57 pm

There is an army of kids doing the car wash today.

Please help by driving by and being generous.

86. Marco Calderon   January 9, 2013 at 8:30 pm

All of you leaving those comments are no one to judge try fitting in his shoes.

87. MC   January 10, 2013 at 9:28 am

Sam who ever you are. You are no one to talk so please just be quiet it would be best for you. Thanks.

88. Preston   January 10, 2013 at 10:11 am

I didn’t know Martin or anyone else related to this tragedy but after reading all the comments I would make this observation and suggestion. Lashing out and becoming hostile about a comment is a impulsive snap reaction. We are all people and we all make mistakes and we can always learn from those mistakes. I would recommend that if you are going to read the comments prepare yourself for some pain and if you want to learn from what has happened here, open your mind to what others are saying, especially if you are a parent.

89. hmmmm   January 10, 2013 at 11:43 am

"Before you remove the mote from your brother’s eye, see that you remove the beam from your own."

Remember those of you leaving disgusting and hateful comments. These comments hurt all of us that are close to Martin and the family. Please stop!!!!

90. FormerFallbrookian   January 10, 2013 at 11:51 am

My son-in-law Tito passed away several years ago and the people of the Village of Fallbrook came together as if one to assist with funeral expenses. Our family derived so much peace from those people that opened their hearts to us in helping to put our loved one to rest. Sadly, all of us must again do so for this family. How this incredible young man was taken from us is not the focus right now. We should all be celebrating his life. In reading the comments posted here it is obvious that Martin touched many lives in such a positive way in the short time he was with us. I am saddened that I never had the opportunity to meet this amazing young man. I feel great sorrow for Martin’s family in suffering such grief. Please let’s all try to ease their burden. God will pave the way for Martin; the rest of us should try to do the same for Martin’s family and friends.

91. PEREZ1   January 10, 2013 at 2:10 pm

It was beautiful to see how many people took time and effort to come and help the family raise money for my lil ones funeral services. I wanted to thank everyone who contributed time, donations and prayers. It really means alot to all of us. Although the pain is there it was such a good feeling having soo many people there to help. This was definatly a wake up call for all of us. But as ONE big family, we will get thru this rough time together.

92. Friend of the Family   January 10, 2013 at 4:18 pm

I did not get a chance to meet this young man but have seen him with his girlfriend. They seemed to have been filled with hopes and dreams. I pray for this young lady he left behind and pray for her to regain strength to carry on the path led by God. I am friends though with other members of his family. And from my understanding this young man was given a hard life to live. Through the teachings he was taught and shown I think he lived the best he could have even at the shortness of it all. He might have even been trying to change his path if he was trying to talk with friends days before. May God Bless you Martin Campos for all the rightenous you have achieved. And may God cast a forgiving eye on those who have done you wrong. I pray for the family and hope they will awaken from this tragedy and over come their own obstacles in life and learn from their mistakes before they pass it on to their kin. God loves them and they are deserving of his love. So I pray that they find this love before they feel completely lost. If not for yourself then for your childern.

93. Nice to see people opening their hearts   January 11, 2013 at 1:48 am

I was so glad to see how many people attended the car wash for this boy. I cannot even imagine how much pain his mother must feel. I hope they were able to raise enough funds so she can have a nice memorial service for him, and she can lay him to rest. To the Perez family- There are a lot of people in this town that care about you. My son was a friend of Martin, and is 15 also. Love and comfort to your family.

94. Hmmmm   January 11, 2013 at 8:35 am

I really hope the high school has another Assembly about using drugs and use this kid as a prime example that drugs abuse can happen to anyone. Kids think it will never happen to me but look it happened to one of their peers. But sadly it may not make a difference. Just yesterday I over heard one of my nephews friends joking about doing drugs. Yes he was joking and I know this kid would never do it but it’s not a laughing matter drug use is very serious. Drug abuse is also all over the high school campus. Kids are having parties now and they are drinking and doing a variety of drugs. I recently graduated from FHS (2005) so I know how serious of a matter this is on this campus and many campus’ around the world. We need to continue to inform our children the dangers of trying drugs, because for some it only takes once to become hooked.

95. Broken hearted   January 11, 2013 at 3:16 pm

First I would like to say we stopped by Bell Berry Mortuary to make a donation and was informed the Family has reached their goal. I am proud that this small community has shown its love n compassion n pulled threw for the Perez Family! Seeing all those high school kids raising money pulled on my heart strings, ud would have made Martin ur Angel so very proud!!
    Perez family, I’m extremely sorry for your loss and pain! U are all in my prayers And I pray gods at ur side to help guide u threw this pain. I know u don’t have to give birth to a child to be a parent, and I’m sorry u lost such joy in ur life. My love goes out to u! Rest in Peace beautiful Martin Campos/Perez!

96. unreal   January 11, 2013 at 10:21 pm

for those of you who dont know who martin really was shame on you for even talking bad about him. he was my little brothers best friend & whom i considered my little brother. ive known him & his family for a long time now & they are all great people. so what martin made a bad choice which lead to his death but he’s not perfect & neither are you. we all make mistakes. have some sympathy for him & his family.
    r.i.p. martin

97. How awesome   January 13, 2013 at 11:33 am

I am so glad to see that this family has reached their goal and is able to pay for their son’s funeral. The folks who donated- gave from their hearts, for one of their own. This is truly what I call, "being of service." What a great example of the power of human compassion.

98. @RaytheRealOne   January 13, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Ray- you have no empathy or sympathy for anyone obviously.

99. Fitzfam   January 14, 2013 at 1:58 pm

Today was the first we learned of this sad trajedy. Our hearts and love go out to Martin’s families and friends. I only wish we had found out sooner so that we could have attended his memorial service, and regret not being there. God bless his memory and give his family and friends the grace to rise above the pain. RIP Martin.

100. Monica Esparza   January 14, 2013 at 7:07 pm

Martin today was the hardest days In my life.. I saw you get put into the ground, but I love you so much an will miss you an keep you in my prayers forever! You always knew how to make people smile an you will be missed my love! Rest In Paradise, My little Turtle!! Muah!

And to those with rude comments, keep them to your self! No one needs to hear your ignorant comments.

RIP!