Help support fireworks show for July 4

FALLBROOK – Local business owner Robia Fleming is encouraging Fallbrook residents to help support the fireworks show that is the key feature of the July 4 event held to support the Fallbrook Beautification Alliance.

“Fallbrook is the only inland North County fireworks show still in existence,” said Fleming. “Most people in Fallbrook know that the show is held every year at the Grand Tradition. What many people might not know is that the event is put on by the Fallbrook Beautification Alliance, a local non-profit, whose mission is to beautify and enhance Fallbrook.”

Fleming explained, “Over 150 volunteers assist in supporting the July 4 fundraiser, along with sponsorships and donations from many local businesses. This is an expensive event to hold, with the cost of fireworks, entertainment, and supplies going up each year.”

Fleming says she, her friends, and family enjoy not having to battle the crowds or unruliness found in other San Diego County areas in order to celebrate July 4.

“Some people may prefer to stay at home on July 4 and, weather permitting, enjoy the FBA fireworks show from their own backyard, in town, or other spots in Fallbrook,” she added. “I think most people will agree that it’s something we all enjoy and would hate to see it vanish.”

Fleming said she hopes every Fallbrook resident would donate one dollar towards the show.

“The way I see it, we have about 40,000-plus residents in Fallbrook who get to enjoy this show every year. If each person could donate even one dollar, we could continue on with this awesome tradition.”

With the permission of the Fallbrook Beautification Alliance, Fleming has set up donation jars at multiple business locations in town. The jars read “Buy your fireworks here.” The business that brings in the most donations will receive a beautiful, honorary placard on avocado wood provided by the FBA, and two free tickets to the July 4 event at the Grand Tradition.

“I am hoping residents will stop by one of the locations between now and June 1 and drop in a quarter, a dollar, a five, or whatever they can afford so we can continue to have a great fireworks show in our very own town.”

Larger donations are most welcome. Checks can be made out to Fallbrook Beautification Alliance, PO Box 434, Fallbrook, Calif. 92088 or donations can be made at

Businesses with donation jars are listed below:

• Café Primo (139 S. Main Ave.)

• Happy Jug Liquor (138 S. Main Ave.)

• Yogurt Palace (130 S. Main Ave.)

• Creature Comforts (720 E. Mission Rd.)

• Grangetto’s Farm & Garden Supply (530 E. Alvarado St.)

• Divas Clothing (100 N. Main Ave.)

• Kim & Mindy’s Paradise Pet Spa (218 W. Fig St.)

• Dominick’s Deli (118 S. Main Ave and 1672 S. Mission Rd.)

• Manor Cleaners (125 E. Mission Rd.)

• Joe’s Hardware (640 S. Main Ave.)

• Fallbrook FroYo (127 E. Mission Rd.)

• Shear Heaven (209 N. Main Ave., Suite D)

• Fallbrook Fertilizer (215 W. Fallbrook St.)

• Fallbrook Chamber of Commerce (111 S. Main Ave.)

• Fallbrook Coffee Co. (622 S. Mission Rd.)

Local businesses who would like to support the effort by having a donation jar are welcome to call Robia Fleming at Two Faced Tatoo at (760) 451-9200.

Funds from the July 4 event provide the year-round financial support needed to support the FBA’s graffiti removal work, maintenance of the South Mission medians (landscape), potted plants along Main Ave. in the downtown historic district, the Pico Promenade, and much, much more.

33 Responses to "Help support fireworks show for July 4"

1. Lee   April 2, 2014 at 4:07 pm

My goodness, we are talking about our national birthday and yet we, Americans, cannot even throw this birthday bash without charging money for it.

That says it all about our country.

2. AH   April 2, 2014 at 5:09 pm

Please let me know where to donate to help the get Lee off is rump and find something nice to say fund. I would be willing to bet there is a man 400 lbs in a recliner sucking medicare dry and angry because he never amounted to anything. I hear Russia is looking for new members. Feel free to leave Lee, fallbrook has enough of your kind as it is. We donated today because free speech is what you get in the country not a free ride LEE!

3. Yo, Lee   April 2, 2014 at 9:49 pm

So, Lee…where do you think the birthday party ingredients come from? The Birthday Fairy? Or do you think our tax $$ should be used to subsidize this? I think that you would be complaining big time if that were the case. So, how would YOU subsidize such an event?

4. grunt   April 2, 2014 at 9:58 pm

Lee, if we don’t pay, who does? Will you cover all the expenses?

5. Becky   April 2, 2014 at 10:00 pm

I’m happy to donate towards it. Thank you for giving us the chance and not just canceling it.

6. Joemamma   April 2, 2014 at 10:02 pm

Lee the article clearly stated that the fireworks show is put on by the FBA. A local non profit. Meaning you’re not paying, you’re donating. FBA helps keep this town beautiful with all of the trees plants and the preserve off of Mission, plus more. Are you saying you’re against community involvement and beauty? You don’t like trees?

7. really ^   April 3, 2014 at 7:55 am

no lee its not charging its a donation and its asking to help so you can enjoy the fireworks from home and if you don’t like that i ask you nicely please don’t complain if you don’t like it because its not just for you so thanks for nothing lee

8. Pink   April 3, 2014 at 8:50 am

Lee evidently does not understand what "non profit" and "donation" mean.

9. Wrenchers   April 3, 2014 at 9:16 am

… As are the majority of your comments.

10. Freddy   April 3, 2014 at 9:43 am

Lee come on Hahaha Unbelievable. How about this don’t donate and then just stay inside with everything closed up. Don’t enjoy the show if you don’t want to. You are a real joy killer my friend.

11. Kari   April 3, 2014 at 9:53 am

I, myself have stopped traveling far to see fireworks because the Fallbrook fireworks NEVER DISSAPOINT and are one of the BEST Ive ever seen! Thank you to the beautification alliance for putting them on! As a fellow "watcher" of them every year (for the past 5 years) I will gladly put $$ in the jar to keep this going for future Fallbrookians to watch. I thought this was a great idea. If one feels like they are entitled to great fireworks at the others expense- that’s fine, I’ll gladly put a $1.00 in for Lee and others that feel the same.

12. DR DR   April 3, 2014 at 9:58 am

So tired of Lee complaining about money and everything else. He says he hates it, obviously he has none and not willing to earn it and therefore thinks everything should be free. No wife would put up with it, so mommy and daddy are taking care of him.

Lee is the first to comment on new VN articles (which obviously he doesn’t even read) so we can all read them and comment. Loves the attention – and I wish I/we wouldn’t comment, but they are so unbelievably dumb…WE can’t help it!!!!!

I do love the fireworks show and they cost a lot of money, plus all the help, including traffic control. I will continue to donate. Thank you!!

13. AH   April 3, 2014 at 12:03 pm

See that Lee. So proud of all you folks. So it in fact does roll down hill and lucky for us Lee is at the bottom of the pile. Enjoy the view…. I was not smart enough to donate in his behalf (great Idea) so we will be stopping by the Hardware store again and my 9 year old daughter will drop another donation explaining that its for a hater and thank Joes for supporting also. :)

14. I agree DR DR   April 3, 2014 at 12:23 pm

Lee is always the first to comment on 99% of the FVN articles. What does he do, just sit and wait for a new article to come up so he can post first? The rest/majority of us, log in when we can, and what do we see, LEE’s comment, right off the bat, BOOOM, LEE makes his mark!

15. ZZZ   April 3, 2014 at 7:47 pm

Lee-Oceanside has an awesome firework display for free. You can actually see them if it’s not foggy. The worst part is traffic…it will take over an hour to find parking and over an hour to get out of the traffic – but it’s free and celebrates our country’s freedom –

BTW-how did we get our freedom???

16. Really?   April 4, 2014 at 6:10 am

Comprehension is a major problem with trolls.

17. The Dude   April 4, 2014 at 6:15 am

So the local non-profit wants the community to chip in for fireworks at Grand Tradition that Grand Tradition charges $20 a head (or $1200 for a table of eight) to attend? Not sure if I am understanding this?

18. JD   April 4, 2014 at 8:43 am

We live in a fire danger area, so I am against these shows all together. Why do we celebrate with explosions that remind and represent war? Yes, I know we had to fight for freedom, but that was a long time ago. Can’t we just have hotdogs and beer, and kissing contests? Why bombs? We aren’t growing as a race, and that is sad to me.

19. Grace   April 4, 2014 at 9:44 am

I am a new Fallbrook resident, I did not know that Fallbrook hosted a firework show. Where is it usually held at? I am happy to donate, fireworks are such a fun expeirence for families and the meaning behind them is awesome.

20. Lee   April 4, 2014 at 11:10 am

@ #17 The Dude

I agree with you.

We love our country?! We love money.

21. grunt   April 4, 2014 at 11:54 am

@17 – the fireworks are expensive – this is ONE of the fund raising events so the FBA needs to make soem money on it. IT IS NOT A TAX, FEE, OR ANYTHING ELSE. IF you want to go, pay the $20, eat, listen to the band, root on your rubber duck, watch the kids play. Talk to others; watch the fire works. I spend about 4 hours there, so $5 an hour for entertainment. Without the fireworks it is still a reasonable amount – (but would not draw me, or many others).

Lee sounds like you really do loe your money – you get so upset everytime you think of spending any.

22. Pink   April 4, 2014 at 12:26 pm

@Lee and The Dude: I will make this easy for both you. Do not contribute. Do not attend. Stay home. You will not be missed and you won’t have to worry about the rest of us having a good time.

23. The Dude   April 4, 2014 at 12:52 pm

Grunt – just rechecked the numbers – 38 in advance for adults 12 for kids – that’s $100 for a family of four to view the fireworks at GT. Does that really seem like a bargain in this day and age?

*****VILLAGE NEWS COMMENTS**** That is not accurate for this year’s event – this was old information you picked up from a few year’s back. The event has been revised and cost is lower.

24. Lee   April 5, 2014 at 9:21 am

Folks, try charging, say, $20 to your next birthday bash’s attendees and let me know what reaction you get.

25. grunt   April 5, 2014 at 10:17 am

Thank you Debbie for correcting Dude – but, yes Dude that seems ok for 5 hours of entertainment – and if you do not go to the grand tradition you can watch from town. We all have to make the decision on how we spend our entertainment dollars- some go to the casinos.

26. Pink   April 5, 2014 at 4:09 pm

Let me see Lee, at my last birthday party I had over 60 people in attendance, most of them brought me birthday presents that equaled a bit more than $20 per gift. I provided food and there was dancing, and a no host bar. A good time was had by all and no one complained or wanted their gifts back…… so not sure what your point is??

27. AH   April 5, 2014 at 7:07 pm

Movie for 4 is $50 and thats for 2 hours with no concessions. Seems more than reasonable for 5 hours for $100

28. Mitch   April 8, 2014 at 3:50 am

We live in a war zone, why not more noise?

29. BonsallGayGuy   April 8, 2014 at 11:10 am

Several years ago we went with our neighbors and had a great time. Nowadays however we always make a point to be home on July 4th as well as New Year’s Eve because the fireworks really distress our dogs. They seem not to be bothered as much when they’re surrounded by people and normal household activities.

30. Craig   April 9, 2014 at 1:53 pm

The Ramona Rotary Club organizes and sponsors the fireworks up here in Ramona. It is held behind the Middle school and free for everyone. We have 6000 attendees. The $23,000 needed to pull this off is generated from donations, jars in stores like you have and from Rotarians standing in front of the 3 main stores in town every Saturday in June with jars for donations. 9 times out of 10 we don’t even ask. People shove 20’s into the jars. There is no discussion in town even close to what you have above. The support for this event is unbelievable. All positive. Come on Fallbrook get it together and pull together.

31. Paul   April 9, 2014 at 2:48 pm

To my way of thinking, the Grand Tradition is a much nicer venue than a school gymnasium. The majority of people here are intelligent and support our July 4 celebration.

32. grunt   April 11, 2014 at 10:48 am

@Mitch – "war zone" really? Have you ever experienced a war zone? did not think so. Wrong paper to blog that in; as too many of us in Fallbrook have.

33. Really?   April 11, 2014 at 2:40 pm

Gee, just like Democrats to compare a celebration of Freedom with War, something that costs thousands of lives. I guess the November mid-terms will be like Hiroshima to these loons.