According to officials with North County Fire, a man in his 40s sustained life-threatening burns in an accident at his home in the north end of Fallbrook this morning.
The incident occurred at approximately 9:15 a.m. outside the residence while the man was attempting to clean some mechanical parts in a gasoline-based solution.
“The vapors ignited/flashed, causing life-threatening burns to his body,” said John Buchanan, public information officer for North County Fire. “He was airlifted to UCSD burn center.”
Buchanan said fire officials caution the public to use only appropriate cleaning solutions. “No one should use a gasoline-based product that can be an ignition source,” he said.