Man sustains life-threatening burns in accident at home

According to officials with North County Fire, a man in his 40s sustained life-threatening burns in an accident at his home in the north end of Fallbrook this morning.

The incident occurred at approximately 9:15 a.m. outside the residence while the man was attempting to clean some mechanical parts in a gasoline-based solution.

“The vapors ignited/flashed, causing life-threatening burns to his body,” said John Buchanan, public information officer for North County Fire. “He was airlifted to UCSD burn center.”

Buchanan said fire officials caution the public to use only appropriate cleaning solutions. “No one should use a gasoline-based product that can be an ignition source,” he said.

6 Responses to "Man sustains life-threatening burns in accident at home"

  1. Lee   March 18, 2014 at 1:18 pm

    I hope the gentleman will be alright! All the best to you!

  2. Ray (the real one)   March 18, 2014 at 2:30 pm

    I found out that Gumout cleans parts just a good and it will not kill you.

  3. Norbert   March 20, 2014 at 9:35 pm

    Wd-40 works great for degreasing – it removes pretty much everything. Simple green is good for light stuff.

  4. Legal Citizen and Vet   March 22, 2014 at 2:18 pm

    Keep this man in your prayers..

  5. Barney   March 23, 2014 at 11:43 pm

    Is there any update?

  6. Huh?   March 24, 2014 at 10:43 am

    FYI, both Gumout and WD-40 are highly flamable.


Leave a Reply