SAN DIEGO – The San Diego County Emergency Operations Center released the following information at a news conference early this morning, May 15.
There are currently nine fires burning in San Diego County with 10 structures destroyed – all from the Poinsettia Fire.
Acres burned from each fire are:
* Tomahawk Fire: 6,000 acres
* Poinsettia Fire: 400 acres
* Highway Fire: 600 acres
* Bernardo Fire: 1,548 acres
* Freeway/Pendleton Fire: 30 acres
* San Marcos/Cocos Fire: 500 acres
* River/Oceanside Fire: 100
* Lakeside Fire: 17
* Escondido Fire: 1 acre
The total acreage burned at this point in time is 9,196 acres.