FALLBROOK – Fallbrook Hospital Corporation (Community Health Systems) issued a statement today, Tues., August 19 as follows:

“While the decision to end services is not final, 90 days’ notice of the intent to close the emergency department at Fallbrook Hospital effective November 17, 2014 has been given; the intensive care unit would close at the same time.”

“The Fallbrook Healthcare District is actively searching for an area provider to offer their services in Fallbrook. By giving notice, the hospital has the option to close services as it deems necessary if no alternative provider is identified by FHD and the two parties are unable to address the ongoing financial losses for Fallbrook Hospital.”

“We are supportive of the District in their work to develop a sustainable healthcare system for the Fallbrook community,” says Kapua Conley, chief executive officer. “All options are being considered as the District creates plans for the future that benefit the hospital and surrounding area.”

“Fallbrook Hospital is open and maintaining services based on the current timeline for the FHD process which is projected to be complete on September 17, 2014. Proposals from prospective providers are due at the end of August.”

12 Responses to "Notice of intent issued that Fallbrook Hospital ER and ICU could close Nov. 17 if alternative provider not found"

1. Fairbrook   August 19, 2014 at 2:57 pm

Having spent 9 hours in the ER last week..and having a loved one staying in the hospital,I can attest that perhaps it’s abput time. I’m saddened by the closure..but frankly the care that’s being provided is not up to standards I’d claim. It seems that the only care being provided is inputting at the computers..bedside care has been very lax..it’s like the good employee that’s given their 2 weeks noticeLls good up until about the last week..then nothing gets done. Sad thing is..our insurances are being billed the same weather or not care is being given in sub standard manner or not…

2. paperwork > care   August 19, 2014 at 4:23 pm

Son taken to the ER last week, only one person being attended to before us, but it took us 4 HOURS to finally leave the facility. It took MUCH LONGER for the paperwork, questions and collection of Co-Pay, than it did the actual care given to him. I just don’t understand. Will be sad to have to go north or south for emergencies.

3. Only Good Experiences   August 19, 2014 at 5:22 pm

I have been to Urgent Care there three times with my children, and have always had quick and friendly service. It has actually been much better than larger hospital urgent care experiences I’ve had. It will be really unfortunate for our community if we end up with no hospital.

4. Esme   August 19, 2014 at 5:34 pm

Good! It’s not like they do much anyways. They focus more on their phones/computers than the people. And their waiting time is ridiculous, 45 min for the E.R?! by that time I am already dead and buried. Not much of an E.R if it takes that long. I’ve gone to clinics that call you in sooner than that.

5. tdave   August 19, 2014 at 6:34 pm

The hospitals in the Temecula area seem to have improved. We’ve had to use the ER twice in the last year and we pretty much walked right in both times. Rancho Springs has expanded its ER and may be getting their act together (finally). The new hospital on the 79 also adds quite a few ER beds. Our previous ER experiences were really bad, so I’m glad to see things are getting better. No ER is probably better than a really poor one. Unfortunate turn of events for Fallbrook.

6. fustrated   August 19, 2014 at 6:51 pm

I was in the emergency room and doctors were no help at all they could not find what was wrong with me. I was on morphine the entire time I was there and I was I’ll throwing up my body could not handle the pain and morphine to strong. I checked out because nothing was being done. The nurse made me sign a document stating that I was leaving and they were not agreeing with me. I went somewhere else and right away they found what was my illnes. I also took my son once but they said they are not equipt to deal with kids…ugggghhh so frustrated,but yet I’m stuck paying a bill of 15,000.for them just givinge morphine

7. J   August 19, 2014 at 7:03 pm

I have had bad experiences at Fallbrook hospital. Everything takes an eternity and no one seems to care. I love Fallbrook, I hope we can get a better hospital if possible.

8. Truth be Told   August 19, 2014 at 8:14 pm

I have been to Fallbrook’s ER and OR for surgery. I have received superior service everytime. The only reason the wait times are longer now is because the staff, especially nurses are desperately trying to find work elsewhere before CHS bails out on the hospital. Prior to all the talk about Fallbrook Hospital closing the service was excellent!

9. Fallbrook G   August 20, 2014 at 8:31 am

It’s been going down hill since Mimi left.

10. For profit medicine???   August 20, 2014 at 8:58 am

Fallbrook Hospital is a for-profit hospital operated by Community Health Systems. For profit medicine does not work. It is time for change.

11. Kurt   August 20, 2014 at 9:02 am

It’s about four years too late! I have a card in my wallet that says ‘DO NOT TAKE ME TO FALLBROOK HOSPITAL’.

Too many of my friends have had terrible experiences.

12. 'DO NOT TAKE ME TO FALLBROOK HOSPITAL'   August 20, 2014 at 10:11 am

Re: Kurt @ Comment #11

My family also had terrible experience at Fallbrook Hospital.

There is no way that we would go to Fallbrook Hospital again.