“Old School” event on July 4 with new highlights

FALLBROOK – With an element of nostalgia, the Fallbrook Beautification Alliance will host the ninth annual July 4th celebration at the Grand Tradition Estate and Gardens.

Scrumptious food, games, grassy slopes to sit on, fireworks, and even a band called “Old School” highlight the event. Lots of old-fashioned games and some cool new ones will be available, so kids of all ages will have a great time. Whether one is hungry for a good old-fashioned hot dog or gourmet Italian, food choices will be plentiful and supplied by local restaurants this year – a great new twist on all the old fun.

The price of admission has gone retro as well, with adult tickets at only $20 and children 11 and under free. Tickets are on sale now, order and pay online at www.fallbrookbeautificationalliance.org or in person at Fallbrook Chamber of Commerce office, 111

S. Main Ave.

Remember, this event is a fundraiser for many of the old-fashioned touches that keep Fallbrook such a remarkable place. Fallbrook Beautification Alliance volunteers clean and maintain public art, add colorful beauty to the streets and downtown, paint out graffiti and support many more projects. By supporting the July 4th event, residents support these projects.

7 Responses to "“Old School” event on July 4 with new highlights"

1. Resident   May 16, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Hopefully the cheaper tickets will allow more people to enjoy the fun!

2. Fallbrook Blues   May 18, 2013 at 5:35 pm

I still think $20 is too high and will not be attending.

3. Yeah BUT   May 20, 2013 at 9:11 am

I bet you’ll watch the fireworks for free!!

4. grunt   May 20, 2013 at 5:14 pm

$20 is a good price – just about what I expect for the entertainment – and keeps the riff-raft out. (Just teasing Blues). :-)

5. Check it out   May 21, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Nope, I think you are probably right grunt. People who aren’t willing to part with a lousy $20 (something you probably spend on lottery tickets and beer every week anyway) don’t really need to be there having fun with the rest of us.

6. Yeah BUT   May 22, 2013 at 3:03 pm

Like I said before they are all willing to watch the fireworks for FREE! Let some other chump pay for it. Why not donate $5 then to the Fallbrook Beautification Alliance. Enjoy the show and be thankful they are here to help keep Fallbrook looking nice.

7. Joemamma   May 23, 2013 at 8:21 am

I can’t wait. I’m very grateful to have a place like the Grand Tradition to enjoy the fourth with my family. $20 is nothing when you look at the resources involved. Last year there was barely enough money to have fireworks. I think some donor put up a few thousand dollars just so we could have them and not have to leave town for fireworks. If I had to pay 30-40 for fireworks I would. It would be cool to have a BBQ contest there too. BBQ and the fourth go hand in hand. Thank you Fallbrook for being such a wonderful little town.