Parade theme will be “Christmas in the Village”

FALLBROOK – The 32nd annual Fallbrook Christmas Parade, slated for Saturday, Dec. 7, will bear the theme “Christmas in the Village.”

Downtown merchants, as well as parade entrants, are encouraged to promote the “village” theme in their decorations. The People’s Choice award will go to the entry displaying the “best representation of the theme” and participants are strongly encouraged to decorate their entries with that in mind. While parade sponsor and promoter, the Fallbrook Chamber of Commerce, will be busy with parade festivities, local merchants are encouraged to entice residents and visitors alike to come early to the Main Street area and browse the array of shops and eateries.

The annual Christmas Parade kicks off at 5 pm, and the use of lighting is key to this much-loved community tradition. Each year, it is a spectacular event, with many marching bands, colorful floats, and sometimes surprise entries showing their Christmas spirit.

The Grand Marshal this year will be longtime resident and Fallbrook pioneer Marion Clemmens, nominated and chosen by the Christmas Parade Committee.

The Chamber of Commerce has already been receiving entries. Snoopy will be making a return visit to the parade this year, courtesy of Knott’s Berry Farm. There are several bands already signed up, and many more entries are anticipated. The parade is expected to provide a wonderful and spectacular way to kick off the Christmas season.

Again this year, there will be charge for all entries of $20. The event incurs costs for advertising, logistics, and also for clean-up, and the entry fees help, along with sponsorships, to defray those costs.

Those who would like to be a part of this festive event, are encouraged to stop in and pick up an application at the Chamber office, or download an entry form at (Events, Christmas Parade). Deadline for entry is Friday, Nov. 15, with no entries permitted after Nov. 22.

Sponsorship packages are now available as well, for those who are true community-builders and would like to make a contribution to this wonderful holiday tradition event. Sponsorship levels begin as low as $50. Contact the Chamber for details at (760) 728-5845 and ask for “Elf Kathie.”

14 Responses to "Parade theme will be “Christmas in the Village”"

1. Lee   September 26, 2013 at 2:38 pm

You mean to tell me that there is actually money involved for a/our . . . Christmas parade?! Wow! Fallbrook can’t even throw a Christmas parade for little kids and everybody else WITHOUT charging participants?! Are you kidding me?!

Shame on you, Fallbrook Chamber of Commerce! Shame on you!

2. grunt   September 26, 2013 at 9:37 pm

and Lee, if the county picked up the tab—your tax money you would be screaming "did we get to vote on it?" Does anything make you happy?

3. Wrenchers   September 27, 2013 at 6:29 am

Big winds often come from empty caves…

4. @lee   September 27, 2013 at 7:57 am

You seriously think taxpayers should front the cost. Sorry but Christmas is a religious holiday; you can’t force that cost on the public.

5. Pink   September 27, 2013 at 8:34 am

The $20 is an entrance fee Lee, an e-n-t-r-a-n-c-e f-e-e. Entrance fees help cover the cost of the parade. Parades aren’t free. Everyone loves a parade, the kids look forward to it, the merchants benefit from it, a good time is had by all. Do you understand how anything works? I understand our system of voting is way over your head, but this is a parade for heavens sake, most organizations happily pay to participate.

6. DR DR   September 27, 2013 at 10:02 am

I love Fallbrooks’ Parade – the whole town comes out in festive spirits. The kids love being on the floats, the bands from many other towns come, even the Budwiser Clydesdales were to come that one year, but got snowed in!!!

The more the merrier!!! You just have to get there early for a seat for the over 200 entries.

7. Fallbrook res.   September 28, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Hahahah! Go team Fallbrook, you tell um how it works!!!! We have 7 adult kids, 10 Grandkids and 4 Great grandkids. We love fallbrook parades!

8. DR DR   September 30, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Lee: Dec. 7th – Please let us know where you will be to enjoy the parade. (It’s not for a profit or a relgious event – it’s a home-town parade) There are a few among us that would like to meet you.

9. Pink   October 1, 2013 at 9:02 am

@DR DR….have you read the notes that the VN continually has to add to Lee’s remarks? Most of his stuff doesn’t even get printed because it is hate filled and threatening. He is not just some nice, peace loving guy. He says he is, but I don’t believe that it is true for one minute. Remember his comment about happily watching people like myself get shot by the state police force after the takeover by his politically motivated Nazi’s? I don’t want to meet him, and certainly not at a Christmas parade. I would have to wear garlic around my neck.

10. DR DR   October 1, 2013 at 11:39 am

NO NO NO….when someone has a completely different take on articles and society – military, war, guns, trees, cars, housing, avocados and just about everything – that’s what I’m sayin’

11. Wrenchers   October 1, 2013 at 11:57 am

"I would have to wear garlic around my neck."

What’s wrong with Garlic?

12. Pink   October 1, 2013 at 2:53 pm

@Wrenchers: Garlic wards off vampires and, hopefully, Lee.

Sorry DR DR, I’m confused by your comment #11?? What are you trying to say? I have no problem with people who think differently than I do. I have a feeling, that even though we are poles apart politically, Carla and I, for instance, could have a great time at lunch together; Also Redneck Bill, I’m sure we could hoist a few and discuss our political differences rationally; Even "Me" and I would probably have no problem passing the time of day. Lee, on the other hand scares me (not literally). I would never be comfortable meeting someone like him in person, not because of his ideas and beliefs, which he is absolutely entitled to, but because, in my opinion, he isn’t rational.

13. grunt   October 2, 2013 at 9:53 am

@ Pink, as Ann Coulture once said – she is not afraid to be around the LIb crazies, since the conservative men would protect her (something like that) don’t worry about Lee, Fallbrook is full of Marines (past and present) and other like-minded souls.

14. Pink   October 2, 2013 at 12:01 pm

I’m not afraid of silly ideas Grunt. I’m afraid of people with silly ideas…