Video by JP Raineri

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHXQBKqDLx0[/youtube]

Heated protests caused buses carrying undocumented immigrants traveling to Murrieta to divert plans.

The scene at the Murrieta Border Patrol Station on Madison Ave. was described as intense with over a hundred people from around the Valley waving signs, shouting their stance and debating with those in opposition. When the three white buses with blacked out windows rolled in protestors stood in front of them waving signs and shouting their position. Some of the signs read, “Impeach Obama,” “Obama is a socialist,” and “Put veterans first.”

Despite local law enforcement standing in between buses and protesters the buses stood idle for about a half hour before turning around.

Murrieta Mayor Alan Long said he hopes the community will keep things constructive.

“It is their constitutional right to protest and express their views,” said Long. “However, just because the undocumented immigrants were taken elsewhere today, doesn’t mean we won. This is not over.”

A Town Hall meeting is scheduled for 6:30 pm on Wednesday at Murrieta Mesa High School in Murrieta. The public can call (951) 837-4343 to get updated information about the transfer of the immigrants to Murrieta. The public can also send an email to Immigration@murrieta.org for more info.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Murrieta Mayor Alan Long stood in solidarity with other city and local officials at a press conference Monday addressing the arrival and their disapproval of undocumented immigrants beginning Tuesday.

Through the month of June the city and local Border Patrol were told the detainees from Texas would be heading in droves to the community but three times the plans were rescinded

14 Responses to "Protesters of migrants bused to Murrieta claim victory, Mayor says, ‘Not so fast’"

1. Maxiine Allison   July 4, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Happy Independence Day America. I am one proud American these citizens stood up said no to government you are committing crimes this is not what the USA dose their are ways to come legal. We will not allow this look Americans standing up God Bless you and God Bless American. We need to feed make sure they can shower but send them home full clean and food for travel. If their country says no do not give them any money to take them back in fact any money they get from USA stop it immediately stop all tread both in and out from us. No more flights in or out from these countries period. Money withheld talks more then money given

2. Unchristian   July 5, 2014 at 1:37 pm

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that’s wrong with the world." Dr. Paul Farmer (Harvard trained physician, and founding partner of Partners In Health)

3. Fed Up   July 6, 2014 at 4:29 pm

I can’t agree with that quote. It makes no sense to me…sounds nice, but makes no sense. I don’t think that there are those whose lives matter less to me, but if I can only carry 10 people, it’s going to be 10 of my family members. It’s not that others matter less, but my family first, then my friends, then my town, then my state, then my country.

4. Enough!   July 7, 2014 at 11:10 am

Its funny that if these were Asian illegal aliens, none of the hispanic racist groups would be here protesting. They only want free and open borders for hispanics. If these were Asian or African, or European illegals, the Tea Party and immigration enforcement folks would still be there. They want the borders enforced for ALL illegal immigrants. It shows you who the real racists are!

5. Carolyn Mathes   July 7, 2014 at 1:35 pm

Are you suggesting, Unchristian, that breaking the law, trespassing, and squatting on land that doesn’t belong to you is the Christian thing to do?
    This is what’s wrong with America. Lawlessness is not only condoned, it’s rewarded!
    It’s NOT OK for desperate people to do desperate things.
    If you think so, I guess you don’t mind being robbed. After all, the poor robber has less than you and deserves to take your stuff, right?
    If you’re so compassionate, why don’t you sponsor an immigrant or two and help them become legal. Believe it or not, we actually have an Immigration system. You can pay for their taking and passing the Citizenship and ESL classes. Then, you can support them until they can become productive members of this great county and pay taxes like the rest of us.
    This country was built on LEAGAL IMMIGRATION.
    No one asked for anything, let alone having everything translated into their native language because they couldn’t or wouldn’t learn English. This idea of entitlement was never an issue. Ignorance and deception are going to be the downfall of this once great nation. And, people like you are part of the problem.

6. Carolyn Mathes   July 7, 2014 at 2:51 pm

And, one last thing. After they pass their C & ESL classes, they must swear allegiance to the United States of America. Now, they are a citizen LEGALLY That’s what America is built on.

7. Carolyn Mathes   July 7, 2014 at 4:21 pm

My last post should have read, "they must swear allegiance to the USA like I did".

8. CK   July 8, 2014 at 6:23 am

I grew up living in a country where people cared about their homeland, they loved and defended her, and they took great exception to anyone who wished to destroy her from within or without. All new immigrants wanted nothing better than to assimilate and become Americans, to contribute to and love their new life which in all cases was far better than the one they left behind. As long as Americans allow themselves to be neutered by some strange guilt complex instilled in them by the likes of Obama and co. who wish to "fundamentally transform" a great nation into something completely different, this dismantling of what you and I were given by generations before us will continue. It is time for the vast majority of this country (and that includes many patriotic Hispanics) to raise their middle finger in unison and tell the transformers to go to hell. It can start by simply speaking out and pressuring our representatives in Congress to fight against these grotesque displays of lawlessness by an imperial president. Stop being quiet for the sake of "getting along" and realize that these people have no interest in getting along with you. They want you in their corner or they want you quiet. If they wanted to get along with you they would listen to and respect your ideas, do you think anyone in this administration cares what you think? Perhaps I have ranted enough, but it sickens me to listen to those who have been intellectually castrated by liberalism. What is being "transformed" in this nation is not something that can be reversed, speak up now or learn Spanish.

9. Fed Up   July 8, 2014 at 12:21 pm

It usually seems to come down to ‘party bashing’…one side taking whatever opportunity to slam the other. I’m neither Democrat nor Republican and I will vote whichever issue is the most important to me at the time and right now it is the issue of closing the border and deporting all illegals. It does not appear to me that either party is sincere in closing the border, no matter how much rhetoric they throw around. Show me a person who will close that border and they’ve got my vote right now…..otherwise they may as well quit making pretty speeches, because I doubt that there’s anyone left who believes the politicians regardless of the issue…perhaps the real issue is limiting them to one term so they will have the courage to stand up and do what should be done rather than protecting their jobs and dancing around the truth.

10. Really?   July 8, 2014 at 3:36 pm

Wow! Most of you who have commented dont seem to know anybody outside of your "american"races. Don’t you think most of these people thought about the consequences about coming across illegal? Don’t you ever ask yourself that maybe they have tried to do it the right way but our government is so screwed up that even our president can seem to voice his words and make them "law". Its funny how those who could do our nation good by being sent back are the ones who pay for lawyers to become citizens without even trying, or ones who are taking up jail space being fed on our taxes. Our country is so backwards on whats right and wrong that those who speak before listening to the opposed sides are just as screwed up as those who mean to do harm in our country. If your capable of using your brains then turn of your electronics and get to now your neighbors before judging them as those who preach the bible "do onto others as you would want done onto you". Besides you all do know that anything in the News are half truths. Find the source on your own before you decide to do a chest salute or wear a white sheet on your head. Figuratively speaking.

11. Carolyn Mathes   July 8, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Amen CK

12. Fed Up   July 8, 2014 at 4:34 pm

@Really?———-Ridiculous…I’ve lived in Fallbrook over 30 years, I have plenty of friends and co-workers who are Hispanic…they came here legally. We are capable of using our brains and we can count also. We still can take in only certain numbers of people and to do so, that has to be done legally.

13. Really? (The Real One)   July 9, 2014 at 11:31 am

Hey Unchristen….You remind me of the homeless scam artists who writes "God Bless’ on their signs to guilt-trip passersby for a hand out. Compassion is only one form of morality…"humanism" and "morality" are vague, nebulous terms, dependent upon the era and the goal of the user. For a governmental entity, the ultimate morality would be defined as adherence to the Law of the Land. In the case of the U.S. that would be the unequivocal enforcement and deference to the U.S. Constitution as it is written and intended.

Get off the internet kid. Kanye, The Kardashians, and your local dealer need more of your money.

14. Fed Up   July 16, 2014 at 10:22 am

I’ve figured out the answer for myself now…I think the states who are most affected by the illegal immigrants are Texas, Arizona, New Mexico and they are the ones who have politicians who are most likely to do something about closing the border and deporting. I don’t include California because there is so much area north that may not really be affected by this problem because they don’t live with it or see it daily. I will now base my voting on my priority, which is closing the border securely and permanently and I will make my political choices from the politicians most likely to truly make a change…politicians from those states….regardless of their other political views