Sgt. Camella M. Steedley, Camp Pendleton-based Marine dies in Afghanistan

SAN DIEGO – The Pentagon released the name today of a 31-year-old Camp Pendleton-based Marine killed in combat this week in Afghanistan.

Sgt. Camella M. Steedley of San Diego died in Helmand Province on Wednesday, according to the Department of Defense. Her cause of death is under investigation, military officials said.

Steedley was assigned to Combat Logistics Regiment 17, 1st Marine Logistics Group, I Marine Expeditionary Force.

6 Responses to "Sgt. Camella M. Steedley, Camp Pendleton-based Marine dies in Afghanistan"

1. 3 year home owner in Fallbrook.   October 5, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Thank you for you service. We will not forget you! RIP Marine
    Prayers to her family & friends.

2. Christine   October 5, 2012 at 9:42 pm

My thoughts and Prayers go out to Sgt. Steedley’s Family especially her 4 children. God Bless you and I am deeply sorry for your loss.

3. Doug Johnson, USMC 1975-1980   October 7, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Thank you for your service and your sacrifice Marine!
    My deepest condolence to your family. Your children and other loved ones can be proud of the example you set. I share in their sadness as well as the sadness of your Marine brothers and sisters.

Semper Fi

4. Fallbrook Native   October 7, 2012 at 9:02 pm

My most sincere condolences to her family and friends. Your sacrifice will not be forgotten.

5. Britt   October 10, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Thank you for your service. I hold your family, friends, and comrades in prayer.
    God Bless you. Heaven has another angel now. May your children grow and never let your memory fade.

6. Phillip Johnson   October 23, 2012 at 2:31 pm

My condolences to our family, husband and as well her 4 children. Your mother died serving our country in Afghanistan. This is a tragedy and I hope the culprits that caused her death are prosecuted or killed. I googled your name and saw the photo of you and your husband and children together. God bless your soul.