Detective Steve Ashkar of the Fallbrook Sheriff’s substation released a sketch this morning of a suspect sought in the robbery of a local jewelry store on November 7 shortly after noon.

According to Ashkar, the incident occurred in the 300 block of South Main Avenue.

“Right now we know that the suspect was an Hispanic male, age 25 to 30 years, 5′ 6″ tall, 170 lbs., with tattoos and wearing a lot of jewelry,” said Ashkar. The suspect has a tattoo on one of his forearms that depicts a Madonna-like image with the name “Consuelo” written in green-colored ink.

Ashkar said the suspect had glasses on when he entered the store on the day of the theft, but was confirmed to be the same man that entered the store the day before, without glasses.

“He evidently cased the store the day before,” said Ashkar.

Ashkar said the suspect got away with a diamond ring valued at approximately $2,000.

“The suspect fled in a silver Nissan Altima with two other Hispanic males,” said Ashkar.

Ashkar said the thief “sarcastically thanked the owner for the ring as he ran out of the store.”

A full investigation into the crime is underway.

“The important thing was that no one got hurt,” said Ashkar.

(previous story, Nov. 7, 2012, 1 p.m.)

EARLY UNCONFIRMED REPORT: Suspects rob jewelry store of diamond ring; take off in gray-colored Nissan

FALLBROOK – An early report has been received by the Village News that two suspects have been involved in a robbery at a jewelry store in downtown Fallbrook a short time ago. In a fragmented report, it appears the suspects may have grabbed a diamond ring and then exited the store and left the area in a vehicle described as a silver, 4-door Nissan Altima. The suspects have initially been described as Hispanic males. One is described as being 5-foot, 9-inches tall weighing approx. 210 lbs with a tattoo on his forearm, wearing blue jeans, earrings in both ears, and wearing Ray Ban glasses.

Watch this site as more information, confirmation of details, becomes available.

23 Responses to "Sheriff’s Dept. releases sketch of suspect sought in robbery of local jewelry store"

1. Weatherman   November 7, 2012 at 1:15 pm

From the NC Times – related? We have a crime spree going on?

2. Old Fallbrook local   November 7, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Hispanic males: Just doing the kind of jobs Americans won’t do.

3. Fallbrook res.   November 7, 2012 at 3:21 pm

I guess someone will be getting married next year. (Calling all brides to be: bring your new rings back to the Fallbrook store and find out if your the lucky wife to be of a con.) Can you post a pic of a ring like the one taken?

4. sunshine   November 7, 2012 at 5:28 pm

What else is new for Fallbrook? Hispanics stealing again.

5. res.   November 7, 2012 at 5:46 pm

just celebrating the obama victory!!!

6. @tSunshine   November 7, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Hey sunshine what do you have to be racist and What are you against US. White people don’t have live here, you don’t like hispanics then why do you live here still then if you have Another HISPANIC STEALING PROLEM

7. Just The Facts   November 7, 2012 at 7:37 pm

"Hispanic males: Just doing the kind of jobs Americans won’t do."

"What else is new for Fallbrook? Hispanics stealing again."

Yes, yes… Those "Hispanic thieves". All throughout history we have had to contend with those "Hispanic thieves."

Thank Heavens that Baby Face Nelson or, Bonnie and Clyde or, Jesse James or, Blackbeard or, Ma Barker or, Robin Hood or even the Grinch were not Hispanic.

If so, they might have left a terrible legacy.

Wouldn’t you agree?

8. N D No   November 7, 2012 at 9:06 pm

It’s not racist if it is true. The article said hispanic males. Hispanic males shot 17 year old 4 times – that was reported in the Village news Nov 3rd. That’s just the truth. That’s what the community has against hispanics. They hate us because this is what they see.

9. KulMom   November 7, 2012 at 10:12 pm

@tSunshine (comment #6), I don’t know if you can speak English, but you certainly do not know how to write in English! Perhaps stealing is ok with you, the issue here is a local business was victimized, the fact that the suspect(s) were Hispanic is just that – a fact of this case – and I hope whomever is responsible is caught and brought to justice!

@Just The Facts, outlaws, thieves, etc… Come in ALL sizes & colors.

10. Lazzboy   November 7, 2012 at 10:43 pm

What do Hispanics have to do with this. You want to talk about thieves look at the government, mainly white folks, but hey it’s organized crime so I guess it’s okay.

Plus it keeps our cops busy.

11. old local   November 8, 2012 at 1:22 am

Your comment is a blatant copy of Ray’s comment(s). I don’t like either one, but come up with your own material!

12. Just The Facts   November 8, 2012 at 7:21 am

"@Just The Facts, outlaws, thieves, etc… Come in ALL sizes & colors."

…And They are NOT all Hispanic.

Lazzboy, here are some song lyrics in response to your comment:

"Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king." Bob Dylan, Sweetheart Like You/1983.

If you’re wondering, I’m German/Italian.

13. Preston   November 8, 2012 at 7:41 am

Reading the comments confirms we have a serious educational problem. If we did not have sight, how would we would discriminate.

14. hmm   November 8, 2012 at 8:45 am

Once again..its NOT a racial issue..its FACTS.If it had been 4 white guys Id be just as DISGUSTED as 4 yellow or black guys.Why do some people IGNORE the fact that a CRIME has been committed and yall make it a RACE ISSUE.GET ON WITH LIVING and get an HONEST JOB!

15. supernatural   November 8, 2012 at 9:06 am

Ah, Fallbrook. I am a white man, living and working here more than 20 years….and I can tell you that there is no shortage of ignorant people in town. Lots of good ones, too, but you have to put down the paper a minute and actually get out and meet some.

Personally, I would trust most Hispanic people before I would white people in this town. The whites seem to be either hard core Repubs and racist or they are Methy.

The Hispanics are mainly working people, and just want to raise their families and keep out of trouble. The ones that do cause trouble do it because they are ‘ghetto-ized,’ steeped in a hopeless cycle of poverty and ignorance. They don’t think more than an hour a head, and such impulsiveness leads to stupid crimes.

We need better education, jobs and healthcare if we are to call ourselves "The Greatest Nation in the World." We don’t need more money-wasting wars.

I know the shop owner in this case and I can tell ya the young man who did the thieving is lucky he didn’t get some lead to go with that diamond ring.

16. Just The Facts   November 8, 2012 at 5:20 pm

"Personally, I would trust most Hispanic people before I would white people in this town."

Thank you supernatural. I moved here from the East Coast almost 10 years ago. I figured I was moving to a
    liberal, more universally accepting melting pot after living my life in stuffy old Connecticut… Not exactly.

I’m now 53. While attending middle school, junior and high school (way back when), it was a regular occurrence for a friend or two to end up at our house for dinner, or me at their homes. Our neighbors and my classmates were, primarily Polish, Italian, German, Jewish, Hungarian, in an upper Blue collar/White collar family environment.

Most of our Dads worked together in one of many companies such as Sikorsky Aircraft, Avco Lycoming, Pratt and Whitney, Perkin Elmer, Bridgeport Machines, etc. Some of our Mom’s worked while most raised the families.

Thinking back, to ever hear anything spoken that was racially motivated was really a rarity. I mean, everyone knew the stupid Italian, Polish and Irish jokes, but as I remember, they were never really told in a derogatory fashion. To hear someone called Greaseball/Gumba, Polock, Kraut, Hunky or Spic was offensive, foul, and incredibly rare. We didn’t look at each other that way.

We were all aware of each others ethnic backgrounds and had an unspoken respect for each others heritage. We all ate a broad but differing array of foods prepared sometimes the same way in our families for generations. We attended different places of spiritual worship…

But we were still all neighbors. We were still all classmates. We were all welcomed into each others homes We had neighborhood picnics… Together.

Here? Sunday mornings I drive up Stage Coach amongst all of the churches. I see many Mexican families generational, attending services. The young boys dressed in little neckties and vests. The little girls in beautiful colorful dresses.

Often, I’ll drive by Live Oak Park after church and some of those same families are picnicking together. Sometimes, thirty, forty people with all of the little kids playing together. A lot like I remember from when I grew up.

But I never see any White families doing the same.

17. John   November 8, 2012 at 10:10 pm

It is amazing how a simple story about two Hispanics stealing a ring has basically turned into an attack on whites. How stupid. I guess that is why Obama got re-elected. Supernatual doesn’t need to go far to find an ignorant person in Fallbrook. Just look in a mirror.

18. Common Cents   November 10, 2012 at 6:41 pm

Well, the above comments are over reaching in their scope as the report is about a theft of a local business, and not a racial incident. As husband of the store owner who was victimized, I would like to set the record straight…the young ( 25-30) thief WAS an hispanic male, approx 5’7" 190-200 Lbs, with "Consuelo" tatooed in green on right forearm , both ears pierced with inverted "C"s ( Channel symbol ?)….The get away car was a light silver Nissan Altima ( 2005 or newer with tinted windows)…Driven by an older ( 40 plus) hispanic male with a teenage hispanic male in the passenger seat.
    I am offering a $ 500.00 REWARD for info leading to the arrest and conviction of said perps.
    Contact Deputy Entz with info at Fallbrook Sheriffs Dept,.

Thank you for your help in solving this CRIME !!

19. "Doc" in Fallbrook   November 14, 2012 at 6:39 pm

When I was born, I had no idea if I was Black, White, Latino, Asian, or anything else. In fact… I didn’t know what those things were until I got older, and someone told me there was a difference. It might seem a bit funny… but I don’t remember seeing any difference in any of us – until that day.

There was, however, a difference between right and wrong… and all of us, regardless of race, color, or anything else – knew the difference. Don’t blame the lack of a job, or the lack of education, or healthcare on the reason for theft. Those things have nothing to do with it.

The guy who did this is an idiot, can’t think past the end of his nose, has no regard for anyone but himself, and seems to think robbery is the easiest road for him to take. When they catch him… I think they should throw the book at him. He knew what he was doing was wrong; but he didn’t give a …… So why should we?

20. Cranky   November 14, 2012 at 8:52 pm

I would compare that sketch to the FHS yearbook special education class pictures from 2001 to 2006.

21. @just the facts   November 15, 2012 at 2:02 pm

the reason you see what you see is there all related honest and they more then likely have 3 generations of family in one house plus more relatives that is just how it is you can go texas east and see the same with black folks and white folks hope that helps you understand if not i would like to offer my services to teach you the way of the land 150.00 an hr unless your really hard headed then 350.00 an hr would be the going rate

22. Ray (the real one)   November 15, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Can’t believe I missed this one. A hispanic male with a religious tattoo? Narrows it down to a few million suspects.

Oye Carumba.

23. j.   November 26, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Facts are facts. Look at the worst parts of town and you will see huge amounts of Hispanics. Crime, mostly hispanics. Welfare and food stamps, hispanics.

Poor performance in school, hispanics. Gangs? Hispanics. Yes. Vandalism, hispanics as well.