The San Diego County Sheriff’s Dept. will host a community meeting on Thurs., May 29 at 3 p.m. at the Fallbrook substation, 388 E. Alvarado St., regarding a significant number of car burglaries that have happened in the area recently.
According to the agency, since November of 2013, there have been 116 car burglaries reported in the Fallbrook jurisdiction with a cumulative loss of $122,000.
Reportedly, 70 percent of those break-ins and resulting thefts were due to vehicles being left unlocked. The remaining 30 percent of break-ins were accomplished by windows being broken and doors and windows being forced open.
The greatest number of burglaries have taken place on South Mission Road, Alturas Road, Ammunition Road, South Main Ave., and West Beech Street.
The public is invited to learn more by attending the meeting.