Three men stabbed at party in Rainbow; all expected to survive

Authorities have reported that three men suffered stab wounds at a party held in Rainbow early

this morning.

Sheriff’s Sgt. Patrick Yates said deputies responded to a call at a residence in the 2600 block of Huffstatler Street in Rainbow at about 12:52 a.m. this morning, Sunday, Janury 6. Information given regarding the call was that gunshots had been fired and some individuals had been stabbed.

Yates said when deputies arrived at the scene, it was apparent a large party had been taking place at the residence.

“It was later determined that two adult Hispanic males and one white adult male had been stabbed and driven to local hospitals by acquaintances,” said Yates.

A knife and other evidence was found at the crime scene, he explained.

“One victim suffered a stab wound to his back; another was stabbed three times – once in the neck, abdomen and arm,” said Yates. “The third was stabbed in the back, arm and side.”

Yates said that all three men were expected to survive their injuries.

Although it was stated in the emergency call that gunshots were fired, Yates said “there does not appear to be a shooting victim.”

“Fallbrook detectives are continuing the ongoing investigation,” he said.

33 Responses to "Three men stabbed at party in Rainbow; all expected to survive"

1. Gun Control   January 6, 2013 at 10:06 am

Oh my, a stabbing…..I am praying for this town. There have already been too many tragedies this year I hope these kids learn a lesson.

2. Human Control   January 6, 2013 at 11:59 am

knives are dangerous, so how about banning those as well as guns, bats, etc….. Get real people, it’s not the weapon that kills it’s the hand that holds the weapon, so should we ban hands?

3. Rainbow grown!   January 6, 2013 at 1:20 pm

The dirtbags who came into my town to use their girl swords are from escondido.

4. Reality Checker   January 6, 2013 at 4:07 pm

And guess just who gets to pay all the thousands in medical bills? You got it. We do. Why can’t these numbskulls get dragged into court and have a portion af any or all future earnings forfeited to pay off that cost? Otherwise known as DEBT.

5. I was there   January 6, 2013 at 5:52 pm

its just too much. I just wanted to have fun and listen to some music on a Saturday night. I enjoy being safe but when this happened, it was a surprise. I had to hide with a friend and other people. And heard everything, stabbing, gun shots, bottles, crying, shouts. Terrible.

But of course on a positive note, there’s still teenagers like me who know that safety is important and look into the future with visions of making great positive impacts so that the upcoming generations don’t have these types of problems.
    Creating a better world- 18. y.o Male.

6. funkfreshboy1   January 6, 2013 at 5:53 pm

Wow 2013 has been horrible!

7. Chinky   January 6, 2013 at 6:44 pm

Haha I was there …it was poppin

8. my town   January 6, 2013 at 7:49 pm

We rainbow arent like that that people who did stabbing are from another place

9. Bummer   January 6, 2013 at 7:52 pm

I left literally 5 minutes before this happened.

10. Rainbow   January 6, 2013 at 7:53 pm

I wonder if some of my homies from rainbow got down. I think my brother was there at the party. I have homies that live in that street where the party was. I hate when people use weapon for fighting. Those who use weapons are p****s that are afraid to lose a fight. They dont have the courage to fight like a real man would.

11. Curious   January 6, 2013 at 7:57 pm

There might be “some” hope for thr future with the young man who posted comment#5; Chinky, unfortunately, sounds dumb. Probably won’t last long…

12. Chinky   January 6, 2013 at 10:47 pm

I heard that the home owners shot the gun to get every one to leave very bad way to get people to leave it could of made it into a bigger problem they should investigate them

13. Resident   January 7, 2013 at 12:19 am

This kid has been having huge parties for years and no one does anything. Lots of drunk chicks, lots of drugs, and no one cares. His parents are never there, so he has free rein. Ridiculous. This is a very hard partying crowd that got invaded by punks from Escondido on a regular basis.

14. Good Neighbor   January 7, 2013 at 1:29 pm

^Which kid . The parents are always there , All other parties in that house were family parties smh , dont talk if you dont know

15. Slim Shady   January 7, 2013 at 4:25 pm

I know the house owners and they DO NOT throw parties all the time! and their mom is always there! so suck it RESIDENT!

16. @reality checker   January 7, 2013 at 8:52 pm

@Reality checker- I hope you were referring to the perpetrators of this crime paying for the medical bills, not the victims. I think it’s terrible that someone who’s a victim of a crime like this gets to pay the bill. They should make the guys who stabbed them pay as part of their restitution.

17. Rainbow Resident   January 7, 2013 at 8:58 pm

Yet again people are passing judgement and making assumptions on what happened, or what has happened "for years". This neighborhood is full of families who watch out for one another and have organized family functions, and not huge out of control drunk festivals. I feel that assuming "hard partying, drug use, drunk chicks, and being invaded by punks from Esco on a regular basis", makes a "good story". Generally speaking, if a neighbor has a problem with something in their neighborhood, they should go up and speak with their neighbors. Communication is key, as opposed to berating them anonymously on line. The situation happened, something got out of control and went too far. No, it was not a good situation by any means, but it just goes to show things can happen anywhere. I think everyone needs to be glad these kids are ok, and now move forward in a positive way.

18. *Passer by*   January 7, 2013 at 9:47 pm

I heard the shots being fired towards the end of the street away from the residence when I was driving by. I could also see a group of Afro-Americans busting up cars randomly.

19. Slim Shady 2   January 8, 2013 at 7:41 am

Were Just Young &’ Getting It

20. Haidi   January 8, 2013 at 10:32 am

Ahaha i was at that party:p

21. Resident   January 8, 2013 at 5:10 pm

That is a VERY well-known party house. Sorry all you neighbors don’t hear or see the stuff that goes on there. The parents are NEVER home when the kid has the parties. They might be home a lot, but when they leave, the kid has parties. The Escondido kids have been coming up there causing trouble for the last 1-1/2 years. You are fools if you don’t see it. Go outside of your little domains on the weekends and walk to the front of the house, see where they park all the cars. Drunk/stoned kids constantly. Obviously this is a case of the parents not being aware of what their kid is doing when they are gone….that is a shame. The pics are on FB and people party there all the time. Get your heads out of the sand. I know the kids that go there. They rotate from house-to-house having parties each weekend. I forbid my son from ever going there again after the last drunken/stoned fight that broke out. The kid is really well like because he throws lots of great parties. Mom and Dad, neighbors, start investigating because it will shock you.

22. Ray (the real one)   January 9, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Not even ten days into the new year and the "friendly barrio" resembles Watts.

23. Resident #2   January 9, 2013 at 7:42 pm

@resident- first of all you dont know anything making up things, we live in front of them and they only throw family parties this was the first out of control party quit being on here making up all this stuff up i know them very well and no one and i mean no one is allowed on that property that does drugs, this is ridiculous that you come on here writing all this stuff up " it was a small birthday party that got out of control plain and simple by black kids from escondidio plain and simple" no parties will ever be held again there so move forward and get on with your life these are good people so quit making them seem like you know them.

24. Preston   January 10, 2013 at 10:17 am

My money is on Resident. Seems the person making comment 25 got his name reversed.

25. Resident   January 10, 2013 at 1:10 pm

@Resident #2- Keep your head buried in the sand. It is tough to believe that one of the neighbor kids does this and I am sorry you are unable to accept that. I know the kids, I know the house and I know how long the kids from Escondido have been coming up there causing trouble. There are fights at those parties all the time, but this one is far more serious.

Think about this as you keep your head in the sand….how in the world would anyone from Escondido know to come to a party in Rainbow if it were not a regular event. Talk to the police. They know it happens and even had a surveillance on the house during one of the parties. I know because my kid was there for that party and told me how the all kids rushed to hide the alcohol/drugs and quieted everything down until they left. My kid went there every single weekend until I found out that this "normal" well-liked kid was throwing parties that had gotten out of control.

26. Curious   January 10, 2013 at 4:00 pm

First of all it appears that RESIDENT is an adult, a neighbor, and evidently knows what he is talking about and it can be verified by the police. Resident#2 on the other hand writes in all lower case letters and doesn’t have any apparent language skills. My guess is he/she is a young person (teenager??) so if I have to believe one of them I am going to believe RESIDENT. I’m betting the other "resident" is one of the party goers.

27. Concerned   January 10, 2013 at 4:22 pm

I have been told that 3 guys from oceanside showed up unannounced to that party. so more going on then people are letting on.

28. Resident 3   January 10, 2013 at 5:08 pm

@resident, are you on medications? There has been 2 parties in the past couple years both birthday and graduation related. You’re just making stuff up now. Seems like you should keep your son from going to parties not worry about who’s having them.

29. Preston   January 10, 2013 at 8:08 pm

I’ve just increased my bet on Resident — because "There has been 2 parties" sounds a little like "I’ve only had 2 beers, officer"

30. Resident 3   January 11, 2013 at 2:35 am

@Concerned Oh yeah let’s go by whoever has grammatically correct comments but no proof please.
    @Resident why would you let your kid go to parties every weekend around town of in your mind you are so sure they’re all crazy and full of drugs?
    @Preston sounds like personal experience

31. Resident 3   January 11, 2013 at 2:37 am

First comment was for curious*

32. Curious   January 11, 2013 at 12:06 pm

@Resident#2 and Resident#3: Come on kids you’re really not fooling anyone but yourselves you know.

33. Rainbow Resident   January 13, 2013 at 10:37 am

I’ve known the family since they’ve been living there, which is most of the kids lives! they have a toddler living there. and they would never allow guns in that house when a toddler could so easily get into things! The parents were home when this party was happening! Come on guys, we were all young once! Your friend got invited by a friends friend and then somehow the little get together turns into a huge party! I’m sure nobody wanted it to get out of control like that and there is no way the same homeowners would fire shots. I remember seeing a large group of black men and ladies running from the house and shooting up at the air. a couple minutes later, cops showed up. I really wish there was surveillance on the property like someone claimed there was. That way they would of been caught!