Trio killed in Vista in apparent double murder-suicide

VISTA – The bodies of three people in their 50s, who apparently died in a double murder-suicide, were found today in a North County home.

A friend of a person who lived at the address made an emergency call shortly after 5:30 a.m. to report finding the gunshot victims – two men and a woman – in the house on Phil Mar Lane in Vista, according to sheriff’s officials.

Homicide detectives were not looking for any outstanding suspects, Lt. Greg Rylaarsdam told reporters.

The names of the deceased were withheld pending family notification.

11 Responses to "Trio killed in Vista in apparent double murder-suicide"

1. Lee   March 14, 2017 at 7:00 am

Gun nuts, what excuses and “explanations” will you have with this one? Let’s see now . . . mental illness — check. “Guns don’t kill people. People with guns kill people.” Check.

AND HERE I THOUGHT THE ENTIRE TIME THAT FANTASIA’S DANCING HIPPOS KILLED PEOPLE WITH GUNS.

“We have great gun laws. We just need to enforce them better.” Yup, they were REALLY enforced well in this case, weren’t they?

“You can’t take all the guns away. You will ALWAYS have guns in our society.” Right, let’s do nothing then . . . which is exactly what you, gun nuts, want: status quo.

My dear fellow Fallbrookers, we all know that arguing with an addict is pointless because the addict will ALWAYS have an excuse, a lie, to justify his addiction. And this, of course, is the case with gun nuts: they ALWAYS have some bull[beep] excuse.

PLEASE do not fall for the lies of an addict! PLEASE be smarter than that.

2. Manny   March 14, 2017 at 10:59 am

Would you be so outspoken against (legal) drugs, knives, rope, etc., had these unfortunate souls chosen some other method to die? Probably not. Climb back into the real world. We’re not in Fantasia. Evil exists here. You want gun-free zones? Go elsewhere. The 2nd amendment was created by much wiser men than you and I. Men who understood tyranny, oppression and evil were part of life and therfore the rights of men to protect their liberty, families and property must be enshrined in our constitution. Tragedies such as these will continue to happen, unfortunately. Deal with it but not at the expense of legal gun ownership. P. S. No addiction here, however there are some good meds out there for anxiety and paranoia. I hear we’re even getting close to curing progressive liberalism in about 4 years.

• Lee   March 15, 2017 at 7:10 pm

@ Manny

Do you have the legal authority to tell an American to move somewhere else? If so, how. Thank you.

3. Dave   March 14, 2017 at 4:44 pm

Good job Lee turning this tragedy into a “gun nut” issue. Why don’t we just make guns illegal like cocaine and meth this way nobody will get them.

• Lee   March 15, 2017 at 7:12 pm

@ Dave

Well, if they had used Twinkies instead, I would have made it a Twinkie issue.

They didn’t. It was guns, yup, guns.

4. Thisishorrible   March 15, 2017 at 7:18 pm

It seems like there are alot of “murder-suicides” happening in North County lately. The fact that there are no outstanding suspects in each of these situations is strange. I am not buying it. Everyone must be going bonkers. How are the investigators determining these are murder suicides so quickly? Has the coroner even had a chance to complete the autopsies?

5. Manny   March 17, 2017 at 10:04 am

@Lee

No, but I still have the right to free speech (same as you), that is at least for now and until the professional agitators (a.k.a. gun control nuts) succeed in squashing the first amendment, as well. You know, like what’s happening at college campuses across the country where anyone who opposes the radical left gets shut down. The beauty of federalism is that if you don’t like gun rights, you CAN go elsewhere. Plenty of cities have strict gun control laws. Chicago, Detroit and Wash., D.C. are among the toughest. They also have record high murder rates. Would be happy to help you buy a one-way ticket.

6. Bigotrysucks   March 18, 2017 at 2:11 am

Lee your comment to Manny is dishonorable, racist, and downright rude. People like you are what is wrong with this town. Your obvious bigotry is so ugly. You don’t need to be ugly to another person who disagrees with you. Why can’t you just agree to disagree instead of coming out with the racist and rude questions?

7. Lee   March 18, 2017 at 8:29 am

@ Manny

I will try to reply as best as I can to your grammatically-poor and logic-missing babble .

I couldn’t agree more with you about freedom of speech! I LOVE freedom of speech and I VEHEMENTLY oppose any and all attempts to suppress it! Yes, you can quote me on that one until the day I die! But, Manny, I’m a bit confused by your comments. Help me out, pal, will ya?

You say that you are a champion of freedom of speech — which, I assume, includes mine — yet you are happy to buy me a one-way ticket . . . so that you don’t have to listen me exercising my freedom of speech.

Are you sure, Manny, really really sure that you are a champion of freedom of speech for all and not only for a select few, i.e., you?

Keep on buffin’ that gun, pal. That is the extent of your mental make-up.

8. Lee   March 18, 2017 at 1:53 pm

@ Bigotrysucks

lol

PLEASE show me where I am bigoted and racist! I insist that you leave out NO detail in your explanation!

You do realize that when you don’t make a valid point but instead fabricate and over-dramatize one that you are making yourself look foolish, right? Oh well, it’s your comments.

9. Manny   March 18, 2017 at 6:18 pm

@Lee
    Talk about babble – good grief!