Two people were arrested by Sheriff’s detectives on Dec. 30 and charged with the attempted murder of a 27-year-old woman in Fallbrook on Dec. 22.

Jason Samuel Hernandez, 39, of Riverside (formerly of Fallbrook) and Korina Catherine Dean, 24, of Fallbrook have been charged in the attack against the woman, which occurred at the Econo Lodge motel in the 1600 block of South Mission Road at about 10:30 p.m. that night.

According to Sheriff’s Sgt. Patrick Yates, the incident was not a random attack.

“These are known gang associates that were trying to do some house cleaning; there has been turmoil in the gang hierarchy and this is related to that,” said Yates. “The victim was specifically chosen due to internal gang politics.”

Both Hernandez and Dean are in custody on charges of attempted murder, with additional allegations. Hernandez’ charges also include violation of felony parole. His bail is currently set at $1 million and Dean’s at $500,000 – however, court approval is required for either to be released on bail.

Yates said the Sheriff’s Dept. will not release the identity of the woman attacked at this time, but did say that she is recovering from her injuries.

The number of members in the Fallbrook criminal street gang currently amount to about 105, Yates said. “Ninety-eight percent of those are males.”

9 Responses to "Two arrested for attempted murder of woman; Sheriff’s Sgt. says victim was chosen “as a result of gang politics”"

1. ***   January 6, 2014 at 3:23 pm

What little I know of how gangs work, once a hit is out on you, it doesn’t go away. She can run but she can’t hide. It’s a very scary life to choose to live.

2. Ray (the real one)   January 6, 2014 at 6:14 pm

What? Fallbrook does not have a gang problem, right?

(4) active gangs folks.

3. California Justice   January 6, 2014 at 9:29 pm

No worries. I’m sure they qualify for a flash incarceration and will be out on the streets again before the end of the week.

4. curious   January 6, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Um is hernandez aka name Capone?

5. local   January 6, 2014 at 10:47 pm

Mr. 6-12 that just got out?

6. curious   January 7, 2014 at 9:54 am

Yup it was him. He was just released from fed prison last month. Crazy

7. Ray (the real one)   January 7, 2014 at 2:57 pm

Is this the type of community you want to live in? For years I have been talking about the gangs and their growing numbers and all I got was that I was racist. I can`t help it that all the gangs in Fallbrook are of one race.

Fallbrook used to be a great community to live in that is why I moved there in the 1990`s,but recently, it has become a cesspool, reminds me of Detroit and I there last week,, shameful.

Time to take your community back, remove the gang problem once and for all and yes Carla, that means being tough on lawbreakers (illegals).

Make Fallbrook "too hot" and the problem will vanish quickly.

Maybe horses will return to Main Avenue once again’ Yes Carla, horses not burros.

8. Fallbrook Fan   January 7, 2014 at 11:00 pm

Haha Ray, don’t let Carla get under your skin. Totalitarian regimes with death to all that oppose her are part of her M.O. I would take her calling you a racist a compliment since clear thinking is not one of her strong suits.

9. @Ray(the real one)   January 8, 2014 at 9:08 am

You live in a Fantasyland!

Where is Carla at? I hope she is not running around in Fantasyland with Ray(the real one)…