Are you ready to renounce God?

In less than 40 days we will be voting in our most crucial election. It will determine whether our country will remain the land of the free or become a part of the socialist world. Our present administration has placed us on a train of dependency headed in that direction.

I appeal to all you good people to vote for the party that reflects your values. Do you want to continue to live in a land that promotes and protects abortion, homosexuality, same sex marriage, and euthanasia? Are you ready to renounce God?

Look around and see the corruption in our land. The poverty and the debt are overwhelming, yet the government continues to spend out of control. Are you oblivious to what is happening? Our country is not a bed of roses. Wake up and smell the skunk cabbage, then vote for a needful change.

Sylvia King

10 Responses to "Are you ready to renounce God?"

1. Redneck Bill   October 11, 2012 at 8:24 pm

I am a practicing Christian.

I could not see things more differently than you.

I’m happy to let God decide which of His children is right.

2. Larry   October 12, 2012 at 10:30 am

This election is sizing up to be a rather clear decision. If you want a JOB, you should vote for Romney. If you want a government check courtesy of the taxpayers, you should vote for Obama.

3. Carla   October 13, 2012 at 7:39 pm

Not ready to renounce God but I’m certainly ready to renounce homophobic, bigots

4. name withheld   October 14, 2012 at 9:30 am

Recently our 14 year old son came out to us. We’re very concerned about the type of world that he’ll face as a gay person. My husband and I have always been Republican our entire lives but because of this letter to the editor in particular we have now both decided to vote a straight Democratic ticket.

5. Jimbo   October 15, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Hey Silvia: Time to saddle up the old horse and buggy and take a tour of modern day America. If you don’t like living in a country where everyones rights are respected, its time for you to go find yourself someplace else to live. Seriously!

6. Terry Leather   October 15, 2012 at 1:58 pm

What, no tolerance for Sylvia’s point of view? Must be some perverse form of "tolerance" that is actually transmitted is "tolerance only for the similar."

Ve vill not tolerate intolerance!

7. Melissa J.   October 15, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Yes Mr. Leather we tolerate her positions, we just don’t agree with them and guess what? We have a right to say so!

8. Bert Barth   October 15, 2012 at 7:43 pm

Thank you for printing this. Out of the mouths of babes, stripped of PR euphemism, we can see the true agenda of the reactionary right.

9. JM   October 17, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Silvia King-
    I will try and respect your point of view but you are the exact reason I have abolished all religion out of my life. People like you that grow up learning to listen and accept instead of listen and question. The world and how you see it is narrow and sheltered. You are not voting to grow our economy or create jobs, you are voting based on HATE, HATE that your church taught and instilled in you. Now I could try and give you tangible evidence and logic to convince you of your naive and meager values but I find people like you wouldn’t accept logic if it slapped you in the face. If people like you(not referring to all Christians or any religious group) refuse to accept real evidence and logic then there is no other hope or tool I can use to convince you. Ive met plenty of religious civilians and most are caring, moralistic, self reflective and seek to fulfill their life aspirations without interferring with others’ respecting others views while carrying out their own. Your own independent, self developed logic is not absolute just because you think its the divine will of a God that only a small percentage worships compared to all the religions of the world. I’m an advocate for Romney but wish people like you just wouldn’t vote at all, your intelligence and ideals will do more harm to our society than good.

10. former Republican voter   October 17, 2012 at 5:16 pm

to #10-Unfortunately a vote for Mitt Romney IS a vote for Silvia King’s values. They have taken over the Republican Party lock, stock and barrel. This is the face of party and I’d don’t know how to get around that ugly fact. Perry, Bachman and Christians who have no respect for separation of church and state ARE the Republican Party.