One woman’s honest opinion on healthcare

Healthcare has been a divisive issue these days, but why? Why is it a partisan issue when men, women and children from both sides of the political divide will be affected? It’s frightening on so many levels that a small group of Senate Republican men worked in secret to take accessibility to healthcare away from men, women and children who have preexisting conditions.

For example, my three year old grandson was born with a rare genetic brain disorder call Joubert’s Syndrome. He needs constant monitoring of his liver and kidney functions due to the possibility of liver and kidney failure. Then there is my mother, an 82-year-old with many health issues. Now she will face ever increasing costs due to both her preexisting conditions and her age. Finally, there is my husband and I who are in our 60s and face higher and higher costs just based on our age.

My family can’t be alone. There are plenty of Democratic and Republican families that will be facing the same problems as my family if the Senate passes their secret bill. Please let there be a nonpartisan cry to stop this madness. If not, we will all suffer.

Pamela Albergo

6 Responses to "One woman’s honest opinion on healthcare"

1. Lee   July 3, 2017 at 9:49 am

My dear Pamela, THIS is what happens when Uncle Sam has, does, and will continue to pour TRILLIONS and TRILLIONS of dollars into our almighty military-industrial complex.

The boys next door have everything; you and I have to write op-eds begging for money.

Welcome to the GREATEST nation on earth, the EXCEPTIONAL nation, the shining beacon on a hill and all that propaganda crud!

2. grunt   July 3, 2017 at 12:34 pm

Lee, you have now proven you are an idiot. The “boys next door” are suffering under Obama’s sequestration. You do not understand what the term “military -industrial complex” (which you use all the time) means; and you can not answer any question with any logic –

3. Ray (the real one)   July 3, 2017 at 3:24 pm

Government has no being in the health care business. Pamela want someone to blame,start with doctors, nurses hospitals, etc.

4. Lee   July 3, 2017 at 8:59 pm

My dear fellow Fallbrookers, we, Americans, DO have universal healthcare, don’t we?

Pathetic, isn’t it, folks?!

5. NoWay   July 7, 2017 at 3:35 pm

Hey my fellow Fallbrookian Lee. Nigeria spends virtually nothing on their Military. It’s considered one of the Top Ten worst in the world. I’m sure you’d fit in there just fine and be very happy and safe. And just think you won’t have have to pay taxes to support Gomer. Just be very careful you don’t run into Boko Haram.. also make sure you protect any young females in your family.

6. BRB   July 11, 2017 at 5:22 pm

Haman planned to execute Mordecai for refusing to bow down to him. Let’s not go down that road. Criticism is welcome in our country, even now.