Open letter to Bonsall School District

What a great neighbor you have become!

You erected an ugly four strand barbed wire fence on the property line between my property and the proposed new Bonsall school site. You also put an ugly No Trespassing sign on one of the strands of barbed wire facing my house.

Since the fence is installed directly on the property line, it must conform to the Sycamore Ranch Declaration of Restrictions for fencing (copy was attached).

I talked with Carlos Rodriguez (Bonsall School Maintenance). I told him that there was not a fence on the property line because I did not want a fence there and I would not pay half the cost to erect a fence. Carlos did not tell me that the fence was a four-strand barbed wire fence. However, since the fence borders my property directly, it must conform to the restrictions.

I attended the meeting held at the Golf Club of California where Dr. Cunningham presided over a contentious meeting prior to the November vote on the proposed school bond. Dr. Cunningham’s words after the election about the Sycamore Ranch residents were a little much. Dr. Cunningham has shown much contempt for the Sycamore Ranch residents and I am one.

Max Myers

6 Responses to "Open letter to Bonsall School District"

1. Preston   June 18, 2017 at 7:44 am

Cunningham is retiring and the district is looking for a replacement superintendent and hopefully they select one that is respectful of the citizens in the community. I do not live in Sycamore Ranch however am familiar with the site Bonsall chose to build a High School and in my opinion the choice is inferior. They will not be able to have a full service school on the Gird Road site as there are not enough build-able acres. This is important as Bonsall will need to attract all the students in the district because as it is now, many do not want to leave the school they are in for a substandard school on Gird Road. There are very few high-school age children that live in the area so few walkers which means more traffic a short distance from the 76.
    I do have a question for Mr. Cunningham:
    Why did you spend $33,000 of the districts money to have goats eat the weeds on the Gird Road site only to let them grow back?

2. Preston   June 18, 2017 at 7:56 am

Max, have you have read this:

3. Lee   June 20, 2017 at 6:12 pm

Max, thank you!!

My dear fellow Fallbrookers, please read my comments about the proposed Bonsall high school here.

PLEASE STAND UP AND GET INVLOVED TO STOP THIS HIGH SCHOOL IN THIS MISERABLE LOCATION!!!!!!!!!!

4. Lee   June 20, 2017 at 6:15 pm

OPEN LETTER TO DR. CUNNINGHAM

Dr. Cunningham, being a highly educated person, you DO believe that educated people use the pen, do you not?

I couldn’t agree more, baby.

5. D   June 21, 2017 at 1:19 pm

I have a few of questions. If the school’s property is not part of Sycamore Ranch why would they need to follow their rules? Max stated, “The Bonsall School District has until June 15 to move this fence off my property line or it will be removed.” Was it removed? Isn’t the property line shared by both owners? Do you really have a choice about the fence if you don’t want to help pay for it?

I live on the north side of town, but it sounds to me that a bunch of well to do old folks just simply don’t want a school in their neighborhood and are willing to do and say anything to stop it.

You know, not in my backyard…

• Lee   June 23, 2017 at 9:53 pm

@ D

You are obviously dumber than mud!

Not in my yard? That’s what you are accusing the good folks of Sycamore Ranch of? That is exactly what BONSALLERS are doing by not wanting a high school in the middle of Bonsall but instead on its outskirts . . . on south Gird. How clever of them.

The good folks of Sycamore Ranch didn’t sign up for a nearby high school when they bought their homes. Yes, they obviously knew about the 76 and its possible expansion in the future. But a NOISY high school changes the entire picture! And THAT is the exact reason why BONSALLERS do not want a noisy high school in THEIR backyard, right where the old San Luis Rey golf course was located . . . which my oh my, how clever of them, has been turned into a . . . park. Aww, shucks, ain’t that cute.

What is not cute about it in hindsight, is the obvious deviousness of this entire set up, and I, for one, am against this high school for this very reason!

Bonsallers, shove it! You have PLENTY of acres right in the middle of Bonsall where the old golf course was located! Build in YOUR backyard!