Radiation coming to a neighborhood

I would like to bring to the attention of Fallbrook residents that ATT and Verizon are expanding their coverage of the area by planning to build six “mobility” stations over the next year.

The “mobility” station will include a 35-foot tall by 25-foot wide “monopine” fake tree made from steel and plastic that will house 12 antenna arrays that will bathe the area in microwave radiation 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

The first installation is planned for a vacant parcel on the quiet residential street at 3900 Alta Vista Drive.

The Fallbrook Community Planning Group will meet at Live Oak Elementary School on Feb. 17 at 7 p.m. to hear residents’ voices on the subject.

If you don’t want a 35-foot fake tree beaming radiation in your neighborhood, then please attend the meeting

Peter Hanna

7 Responses to "Radiation coming to a neighborhood"

1. Ray (the real one)   January 23, 2014 at 8:35 pm

GEEZ….. Thought this debate ended years ago. Cellular towers pose NO THREAT to anyone, no you will not glow green at night. Unless you climb the phony tree and park your face next to the antennas, the only thing you`ll receive is a clear call.

A secret…. When I lived on West Mission Road, I allowed a un named company place antennas in my attic, nobody knew people could make calls and I received a decent payment in return.

No my private parts did not turn blue nor did my mother grow an extra breast. So besides looking like a fake palm tree, what complaints could anyone have for not allowing this bogus antenna tree from being installed?

2. RVnChick   January 24, 2014 at 8:14 am

Cell phone towers do not create a health hazard or dangerous levels of radiation. Here is a link to the American Cancer Society article on cell towers.

Please stop the hysteria and panic.

3. Chicken Little   January 24, 2014 at 10:48 am

The sky is falling!!!

4. Mike W   January 31, 2014 at 4:48 pm

If you ask me, technology is killing us in increments as evidenced by our current national state of health..
    These comments are pure rubbish, the fact is that cell phones and their towers have not been around long enough to conduct proper studies until just recently and the studies now taking place will not be ready for peer review for at least ten years. The information that has been available suggests that EMF and radio waves do have an effect on the human body and its nervous system according to the strength of the exposure and the overall time exposed. those little books that come with your cell phone will state this if you take the time to look. They even suggest not placing the phone on the nightstand near your head at night and to refrain from keeping it near your head, heart etc. for extended periods of time.

The fact that there is currently no proof that exposure to these devices are detrimental to our health does not mean they are safe, especially in this capitalist society we’re living in, just like the tobacco industry, the burden of proof is on us.

But you all just keep listening to experts like Ray who know everything due to their personal thoughts and psychic powers..
    Ray (the real one)
    Comment #39 | Friday, Jun 17, 2011 at 12:00 pm
    I am one to admit if I was wrong. I thought that "blamo" would not survive the full term, either by impeachment or by some crazy screwed over by "hope and change" individual but I actually think he might try running for another four years. Will he get it? hardly but yo go to give the man credit, like a cat, he survives.

5. Mike W   January 31, 2014 at 5:44 pm

I’m wondering now if comment #3 ever really looks at the sky and takes notice of what is going on there on a daily basis.
    I for one am getting tired of man made weather and their funny looking clouds and drastic temperature fluctuations over a peroid of just a day or two

The American Society is a business, they have been taking our money for over 100 years and found no cure yet and I doubt they ever will. Their investments are in diagnostic machines like the mammogram that is now suspect in causing and or spreading cancer and their research is with drug companies that care more about going after symptoms rather than cause while only researching drugs they can patent and own.
    On the other hand, recent private research on the lowly Cannabis plant (Fallbrook Red Hair) has done more for cancer patients and understanding cancer and other diseases in the last few years than the ACC or the AMA has in a hundred..

To the Village News: Why is it that every time I try to submit my comment, no matter how hard I try to copy the letters properly it will not post and comes back with slash bars between all words using apostrophe Like don’t (you see ? happened again..

6. Jon Monday   February 4, 2014 at 7:28 pm

To Mike W,

I was frustrated by that, but just re-submit the comment, and it will appear without the slashes.

7. Mike W   February 9, 2014 at 2:35 pm

Thanks Jon.. Good to know it was not just me 😉

Talkin about bathing the area in microwave radiation 24/7 ~ A while back we had a power outage here in Fallbrook. My son and I were on our computers while another member of the household was watching TV when the power suddenly went out. After making sure it was not just my house I went to check on Nadyne, my elderly neighbor, I found her on her front porch listening to her transistor radio. What I remember most about that day was not just the sweet childish look of excitement that that showed on Nadyne’s face when we heard that the outage went from Orange County all the way to Arizona, but the feeling of complete relaxation as if something that was holding on to me suddenly let go, when the power went out.
    Having nothing to do, the kids and I built a campfire in the backyard and sat around having a great time just talking. My closest neighbor called to say the freeway was at a standstill from everybody getting off school work, daily activities etc at the same time. He said that it took over an hour for him to maneuver his way off the freeway and find a parking spot near the beach where he planned to "take a nap" until the back roads and freeway cleared enough to go home. Others noticed the same unexplained relaxed sensation, maybe that’s why camping feels so good .. Away from all the wires EMF’s and microwaves.

Humans, and animals to a greater degree, have the ability to put minor pain and annoyances to the side in order to carry on our day to day activities. I wonder if this ability is always a good thing