Saving of seats a disappointment

We drove in from Rainbow at 2:45 to get a nice spot to watch the Christmas Parade. Imagine our disappointment at finding the entire length of the parade route full of empty chairs. How rude, selfish, and unwelcoming.

We feel that if you want to reserve a spot you should be sitting in it. Fallbrook really should be discouraging this practice as we can see where it could cause confrontations and other issues.

We’ve lived in Fallbrook our whole lives and looked forward as a family to enjoying the parade. What a shame.

B. Huss

8 Responses to "Saving of seats a disappointment"

1. Reality Monger   December 13, 2012 at 3:02 pm

If you have lived in Fallbrook your whole life then you would know that people have always put their chairs out early to hold a place. Instead of complaining about it why don’t you just put your chairs out too. Plenty of people arrived "late" and were still able to watch and enjoy the parade. The Major Market parking lot did not even fill up until just before the parade started. There is no shame in what the people of Fallbrook do when placing out their chairs. Shame on you for being so grumpy about it. Lighten up, it’s Christmas.

2. justwondering   December 13, 2012 at 3:45 pm

I went to town at approx 8 30 saturday morning of the parade and the street was almost..almost!!!!..completely filled with the reserved seating.Guess thats the perks of being a biz owner..but doesnt welcome others does it?

3. Just a thought   December 13, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Were you not coming in to town at 2:45 for the same reason, to secure your spot for the Christmas Parade? Our family walked down to Main Street at about 5pm with our chairs, found an open spot by Wells Fargo, and watched the Parade without any problems. What we saw were families young and old having a great time laughing and waving to their friends, people chatting with the person who happened to be sitting next to them, and most of all we saw a bunch of smiling faces. Isn’t that what the Fallbrook Christmas Parade is all about? A community of people who can come together to celebrate the joy of the Christmas Season. It isn’t just about watching a parade go down the street. The shame is that you just didn’t take the time to notice what else there was to see that night. I was born in this town and so far I have not found another that I would trade it in for.

4. Newbie   December 17, 2012 at 3:58 pm

It isn’t right to reserve a space by leaving chairs. Just because we have always been doing it doesn’t make it right. Children should have front row seating due to size and they experience the most from the parade. It is done that way for the Mardi Grass parades besides the one on Bourbon St. As long as Scrooge type adults continue their selfishness, a problem will grow as more families come out to enjoy the town parade. Wait that is why we have legislators. They can make more laws and issue more citations to help the cities coffers. Bring seats and go through the effort of wating with you property if it is that important.

5. Reality Monger   December 21, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Most of the seats put out early are for families that include children. We put our chairs out early and we have 2 kids and 2 adults in our party. We even had an extra chair because one of our party did not come so I offered it up for a little girl with braces on her legs so that she would have a place to sit and not on the cold ground. I had a very lovely conversation with her mom and all in all it was a very nice experience. I have had similar experiences every year and have really felt a great sense of community in our little town. There is nothing sinister going on with people putting their chairs out.

6. jas   December 21, 2012 at 2:23 pm

I dont think the chairs shoud be put out either. First come, first served

7. Lui   January 6, 2013 at 6:06 pm

hi santa_how are you? i hope you okay -im 4yrs old and i have been waiting for you since last xmas. Could you come and see me this xmas psleae coz i wanna asked you if you could get me a little pink study table/desk and chair for christmas and I want some more library books too psleae and some chocolate i love chocolate Merry Xmas Santa and im hoping to hear from you soon, you take care God Bless youhugs & kissesBaby sister and i

8. it's a little inconsiderate   January 8, 2013 at 11:45 pm

Last year I went with my kids to the parade when I was in a wheelchair. We decided to go early before the road was closed. Having all of the sidewalk filled with chairs forced me into Main Street. It was an interesting experience and not for the faint of heart.