Vista: 18-year-old slams car into light pole, injuring self and passengers

A young man rolled a SUV on a curving Vista roadway and slammed it into a light pole early today, which left him and his two teenage passengers with minor injuries.

Shortly after 1:30 a.m., the 18-year-old driver was apparently speeding and veered off a curve on westbound Bobier Drive, near Cortez Avenue, sheriff’s Deputy Kenneth Werner said.

The SUV overturned, struck the pole near the south curb line and came to a rest blocking both eastbound lanes, Werner said. The driver and the two male passengers managed to crawl out of the SUV’s broken windows before

deputies arrived, he said.

The driver was taken to Palomar Medical Center and both passengers to Tri-City Medical Center, Werner said.

Werner said the driver was not suspected of having consumed alcohol and the driver was not cited.

12 Responses to "Vista: 18-year-old slams car into light pole, injuring self and passengers"

1. ZZZ   April 20, 2014 at 6:20 pm

Slow down on these curvy roads – it’s not the poles fault – it did not jump out in front of him…it’s personal responsibility to drive the posted speed or what is SAFE in weather conditions.

Hope they all are okay.

2. Lee   April 21, 2014 at 7:36 am

@ #1 ZZZ

Well then, why don’t we just install these poles in the middle of the road? After all, it’s the driver’s . . . personal responsibility to not hit them.

3. DR DR   April 21, 2014 at 9:39 am

@Comment #2 – but they are NOT in the middle of the road – been driving these roads over 40 years and have never hit a pole, tree, car, person, bank, animal – ok, maybe a gopher.

Why haven’t I hit any obstacles BESIDE the roads? Because I drive in a safe manner. Your statements are ridiculous.

4. grunt   April 21, 2014 at 12:28 pm

@ DR DR – Lee has and expects no personnel responsibility for anything – he is anti-all forms of government, yet wants government to do everything for him. He is the only one here that argues with himself – "No government at all!" he says, then "Bring in CHP and enforce a 25 MPH limit". How do you expect him to offer non-ridiculous statements?

5. Pink   April 21, 2014 at 3:21 pm

I agree Grunt. I’ll bet and he and himself have a jolly old time arguing amongst themselves.

6. Disgusted   April 24, 2014 at 11:07 am

Pink, grunt, dr dr….. I’ve read all articles,
    Seen all comments within the last 6 months. You are no higher than all of the internet bullies out there. Freedom of speech? Your distasteful comments and attacks on other commenters make me not want to read the village news.

7. Really?   April 24, 2014 at 1:51 pm

Nice Job Disgusted, Typical liberal tactic. It’s called selective outrage.

Can we stop with the pearl clutching over the fact that if someone makes inane irrelevant and clownish comments on the internet, one should rightfully expect to get called to task on it on a forum page? If you cannot handle intellectually and emotionally the engagement required to be in a heated discourse, in a public forum, perhaps you should stick to something that would protect your fragile psyche. You confuse holding a belief with having merit- It’s your premise that is the problem.

8. Pink   April 24, 2014 at 2:27 pm

@Disgusted: Please tell me, exactly what I said that would make you think I acted like a bully? When did I say it? When someone makes ridiculous, meaningless drivel a national past time as Lee usually does, I sometimes feel the need to respond. Lee makes claims he can’t back up, and his observations on subjects, that he clearly knows nothing about, are always ludicrous. I have compassion for most everyone, and if Lee were hurt I would be the first to give him aid, but this is an open forum, and I have as much right to respond as he does to say silly stuff. He has certainly said more hurtful things then I ever have. I think the only person using a bullying tactic right now Disgusted is you, and I have no use for bullies.

9. Lee   April 24, 2014 at 2:47 pm

@ #6 Disgusted

Thank you; greatly appreciate it!

10. grunt   April 24, 2014 at 3:45 pm

@disgusted – please provide reference where Pink, Dr. Dr. or myself ever bullied anyone on here. Which of my statements were distasteful to you and who did I attack. Seems like a lot of people, mostly liberals, if someone does not agree 100% with you, you have no TOLERANCE for their un-tolerant speech. As all three of us mentioned have disagreed with each other from time to time, but been civil, please show me where any of us were distasteful. thank you.

11. Pink   April 25, 2014 at 12:17 pm

It would appear that Disgusted much like his alter ego Lee, likes to throw out a comment that has no basis in reality, then when asked to provide proof he runs away. What a surprise.

12. Fallbrook Blues   April 26, 2014 at 11:22 pm

People always speed making that turn onto Cortez as it is a shorcut into the neighborhood off of Townsite Drive. Cortez also has several speed bumps after you turn the corner.

I think some people need to get a grip on here. These comments should be used to commenting on the posted news article. Instead I have to read thru a bunch of nonsense, political comments out of no where and personal attacks and the further I go down that’s all it is and nothing is said in relation to the posted news article. What’s funny is one person started and then sat back and watched the rest fight with each other.

Stop feeding the troll and the troll will go away.